Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a PC3 on my V2k. Here are a couple suggestions for anyone doing this in the future....

Don't mount the PC3 under the seat. I took the lid off my tool box under the right side cover and mounted the PC3 there. It's a slick install and easy access.

Starting problem after installing the Power Commander....
On the V2k the PC3 is powered by the fuel pump, so if you wait till you don't hear the hum from the fuel tank you will find the bike hard starting because the PC3 powers down and when you start cranking the engine the PC3 has to go through it's power up sequence. I found this a pain so I contacted Dynojet and this is the solution as follows.....

I run switched power to my power commander using the 9 volt battery adapter. I cut the ground wire off the adapter and the red wire goes to my park lights. I also filled the rest of the holes in the top part of the adapter with silicone to prevent any moisture getting into the PC3 and where the adapter plugs into the PC3 around the sealing edges I put some Dielectric Grease to help keep the moisture out. It works slick now and you don't have to worry about the PC3 powering down before you get it started.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks for the usefull info.
I've just fitted a Vance & Hines Powershot system to my V2K and a power commander will be next. I'm not sure which model to fit though. I have a 2009 VN2000 classic but its a H8F (2008) model. The Dynajet web site says PCIII for 2004 ~ 2008 and the PCV for 2009. I assume its always better to go for the Newer specification (as with most things in life).
I've never heard about the startup dwell you mention.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts