Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I put V&H twin slash rounds slip-ons on my 2014 Vaquero and had deceleration popping. I recently bought and had installed the PCV and a k&n high flow air filter. It has taken most of the pop away but not all of it. Is this normal to have deceleration pop? I had a my motorcycle mechanic install and tune the bike.

Anyone have a custom map that works good for the set up listed above?

·
Registered
281 Posts
I put V&H twin slash rounds slip-ons on my 2014 Vaquero and had deceleration popping. I recently bought and had installed the PCV and a k&n high flow air filter. It has taken most of the pop away but not all of it. Is this normal to have deceleration pop? I had a my motorcycle mechanic install and tune the bike.

Anyone have a custom map that works good for the set up listed above?
I have a few maps but they are geared toward a setup with a big air kit and would likely be running rich on your setup. I eliminated my popping number 1 by blocking off the pair valve fresh air injection hose. The hose is located at the 11 o'clock position behind the right side dog bowl. Block the hose with a marble or anything that will block it otherwise you will never get rid of popping. Next I added the Thunder Mfg. throttle body gasket to make certain there are no air leaks between the trottle body and intake. You may not have a leak, this was a preventative measure for me. 3rd I added fuel in the 0% throttle column in the fuel table from 1500 rpm to redline. I ended up with 4. I also added 4 degrees of timing advance in the 0% throttle column of the ignition table in the same RPM ranges. My popping is 99.5% gone. I get an odd muffled pop once in a ble moon when the bike is heated in stop and go traffic.

·
Registered
580 Posts
In all likelihood you had some popping before which was muffled by the stock pipes. You don't state which model PCV you have installed (fuel only or fuel + ignition). Try a little extra fuel in the zero column in the RPM range where it pops. The hotter the bike runs the more it seems to affect popping also, maybe think about installing a switch to turn the fan on a bit earlier before it gets above that 1/2 way point when riding in town.

·
Registered
281 Posts
In all likelihood you had some popping before which was muffled by the stock pipes. You don't state which model PCV you have installed (fuel only or fuel + ignition). Try a little extra fuel in the zero column in the RPM range where it pops. The hotter the bike runs the more it seems to affect popping also, maybe think about installing a switch to turn the fan on a bit earlier before it gets above that 1/2 way point when riding in town.
That fan switch is my next mod. Just trying to find a suitable location for the switch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts