Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 524 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'm running Thunder air kit, stock mufflers with bored out baffles. The map was emailed to me by Thunder...if you bought your air kit from them- just call and they'll send you the map.
When you say "bored out baffles" do you mean you drilled through all three baffles and the cats ?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I just drilled out the two metal plates and left the cat material. I still want to hear the stereo. I also don't want to hear a loud exhaust when pulling a trailer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for posting those charts, Stevejack. I just set up my PCV with your numbers, and wow, what a difference! I have a stock air filter housing with a K&N filter element, and V&H dual slash slip-ons. Huge increase in torque, and now I can almost use 6th gear at legal speeds. A little bit of backfiring and popping at about 2k rpm, but I can live with it.

Thanks again for sharing. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'll be running with a ThunderMFG Stock cover kit, V&H slash slip-ons after the 23rd, I'll post my PCV maps and tables as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
PCV Maps

I have 2009 1700 Classic LT, with Cobra Slash cut, and the Thunder air kit.

Anyone know where I can find a more specific map for these mods?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I have 2009 1700 Classic LT, with Cobra Slash cut, and the Thunder air kit.

Anyone know where I can find a more specific map for these mods?

Thanks
Sure, I have a couple that I can send you. I will have to send it through your email address as the forums won't accept it. You can give it to me here or email me ar [email protected]

·
Registered
765 Posts
Still hoping to find someone in Illinois with a V&H or Cobra exhaust so I can hear how it sounds. I'm all for a free-er (?) flowing exhaust but I don't want it to overpower the radio.

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Do you have a map for Roadhouse pipes? I have the power commander III....Thanks
I don't, but you are welcome to what I have. They are for V/H or Cobra slip-ons and a Thunder Air Kit. I will need your email. Just let me know.
David

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am so frustrated with my pcv. I have cobra long pipes and am having lots of popping during deaccelaration. I have been adjusting the map for weeks now. Any maps to try would be great. I don't want to spend the $350.00 for a dyno. Thanks in advance for the help. My e- mail is [email protected]

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dude, if you get a map that works please send it to me at [email protected]. I have that same issue, only my dealer told me they tuned it. -5's in first two lines and lots of popping. I have been trying different settings with no success. Please help

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Dude, if you get a map that works please send it to me at [email protected]. I have that same issue, only my dealer told me they tuned it. -5's in first two lines and lots of popping. I have been trying different settings with no success. Please help
Tell me this, does your pipes have baffles in them? It's got to have some back pressure or it will pop a lot. If it does I would advise you to go even higher on three lines starting at 750rpm to 1250. The first vertical line at 0% throttle needs some as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for posting those charts, Stevejack. I just set up my PCV with your numbers, and wow, what a difference! I have a stock air filter housing with a K&N filter element, and V&H dual slash slip-ons. Huge increase in torque, and now I can almost use 6th gear at legal speeds. A little bit of backfiring and popping at about 2k rpm, but I can live with it.

Thanks again for sharing. Much appreciated!
I have the same set-up as you, will you send me your map?
[email protected]
Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
when you say go higher, do ou mean higher in the negitive or move toward the positive? I an having trouble opening the PVm files you sent but am working on it.
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all! I'm new to the forum.
I've got a 2010 Voyager with V&H slip-ons and PCV; I'm planning to buy a Thunder air kit to let the engine breathe better.
Now I'm using a map from powercommander.com, but anyone has some good maps for my actual and future setup? I like testing!!!

My e-mail is [email protected]

Lamps in advance!!!

41 - 60 of 524 Posts