Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 524 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Here's the thing. I'm actually a dealer and my customer bought the PC-V from us and didn't want the auto-tune knowing at the time that there were no maps available. So now he is saying that the bike isn't running right and wants someone (dyno-jet or us) to do something about it. So I've called Dyno-jet a bunch of times with no success and the customer is getting mad at us for not providing him with the proper "answer." So I just need your guy's help to try and satisfy my customer. I need a map for Cobra exhausts and no airbox mods. I can only imagine that Cobra or Vance & Hines are pretty close to each other for a full system, so if you don't have it for a Cobra maybe a V&H will do?
OK raceblue, here's the problem I see that your customer has. The hesitation he has is for sure being too lean. Now he has the Cobra Speedster pipes which are different than mine of course. But they still do the same thing, to pass the gases easier.:D Even though he has a stock air box I believe I could send you a map that would be a lot better than what's in there now. Have I sent you any maps so far? If not, I will need your email address to send you a map.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Raceblue, If you get that map to work, please let me know.
I am having the exact problem with my 2009 1700 Classic. The Dyno dealer has just thrown his hands up and said "I don't know what to do".

·
Registered
16 Posts
I recently installed a PCV on my 2010 Vulcan 1700 Nomad after adding Cobra Tri-Oval slip-on pipes and a K&N filter. The stock map caused a lot of popping on the decel and the mix was rich. I emailed Power Commader and they sent me a revised map the next day. The new map reduced my popping problem by 90% and the bike now runs way better than before. If anybody wants a copy of the map, please send me your email address and I will forward it to you.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I recently installed a PCV on my 2010 Vulcan 1700 Nomad after adding Cobra Tri-Oval slip-on pipes and a K&N filter. The stock map caused a lot of popping on the decel and the mix was rich. I emailed Power Commader and they sent me a revised map the next day. The new map reduced my popping problem by 90% and the bike now runs way better than before. If anybody wants a copy of the map, please send me your email address and I will forward it to you.
PM sent to get a copy of your map. Thx.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
Registered
14 Posts
Help Need Maps to try

Hello this is my first post. I have a Kawasaki 1700 classic I just had cobra long shots, powercommander v and k&n air filter. The bike ran alright with the stock map, but I brought it to a local dyno. Picked it up in a really bad ran storm yesterday and just test road today. It is so much worse everytime I get on the throttle it boggs right down. Supposed to do fathers day ride with my dad tomorrow but cant bike is running so bad. Hope someone sees this post I would appreciate any maps.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hello this is my first post. I have a Kawasaki 1700 classic I just had cobra long shots, powercommander v and k&n air filter. The bike ran alright with the stock map, but I brought it to a local dyno. Picked it up in a really bad ran storm yesterday and just test road today. It is so much worse everytime I get on the throttle it boggs right down. Supposed to do fathers day ride with my dad tomorrow but cant bike is running so bad. Hope someone sees this post I would appreciate any maps.
Yes I can give you the map I'm useing. I have cobra slip-ons (which shouldn't matter) & a thunder air kit. You're welcome to it, works very good for me. You will have to send me your email address as this file can't be sent on this forum Mine is [email protected] . Hurry and you can get this done today. :)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Download the Power Commander software, enter all zero's into your fuel map and ride the bike. If you enter zero's the bike will then be running on the stock Kawasaki fuel map.

Then take the bike back to the dyno place and have them re-dyno your bike until you're happy with it.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Here's the thing. I'm actually a dealer and my customer bought the PC-V from us and didnt want the auto-tune knowing at the time that there were no maps available. So now he is saying that the bike isn't running right and wants someone (dyno-jet or us) to do something about it. So I've called Dyno-jet a bunch of times with no success and the customer is getting mad at us for not providing him with the proper "answer." So I just need your guy's help to try and satisfy my customer. I need a map for Cobra exhausts and no airbox mods. I can only imagine that Cobra or Vance & Hines are pretty close to eachother for a full system, so if you don't have it for a Cobra maybe a V&H will do?
A guy just sent me a couple maps for Cobra Tri-Ovals and stock air cleaner. I can send them to you to try them on your customers bike. Shoot me your email address.

·
Registered
644 Posts
OK folks. I have a map I got from a guy on the other forum. Cobra Slip-ons and stock air filter. I put it in mine and she runs great. I have V&H Twin Slash slip-ons and stock filter.

I bought an Autotune too. Gotta get the exhaust pulled to get the bung welded in. Then I should be able to tweek for the V&H pipes.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Map comparisons

Thanks to David and Brucer I've been able to try out some maps and I thought I would post up images of the tables for people to compare, and also share my impressions.

I'm running a 2010 Voyager with V&H Twin slash slip-ons and stock air.

The first map (original map new.jpg) is an enhanced map for a stock Voyager that Dynotune put out earlier but seems to have taken off their site. Thanks to Dave for this one.

The second map which Brucer sent (new map 0%.jpg) is what he is using for Cobra slip-ons and stock air. It has fuel added to the 0% throttle column.

With my bike I notice much less popping (none on the test ride) with Brucer's map. Fuel mileage might be a little lower but this is only from a small test around the back roads. I did notice a strong fuel smell with Brucer's map that wasn't there with the original PCV map that Dave sent me.. not sure how i feel about this, time will tell.
Overall, both maps run great compared to stock. Definitely prefer Brucer's map because it seems to have solved the popping but the fuel smell might annoy me after a while, too early to tell yet I'll see how it goes over the next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
644 Posts
Thanks to David and Brucer I've been able to try out some maps and I thought I would post up images of the tables for people to compare, and also share my impressions.

I'm running a 2010 Voyager with V&H Twin slash slip-ons and stock air.

The first map (original map new.jpg) is an enhanced map for a stock Voyager that Dynotune put out earlier but seems to have taken off their site. Thanks to Dave for this one.

The second map which Brucer sent (new map 0%.jpg) is what he is using for Cobra slip-ons and stock air. It has fuel added to the 0% throttle column.

With my bike I notice much less popping (none on the test ride) with Brucer's map. Fuel mileage might be a little lower but this is only from a small test around the back roads. I did notice a strong fuel smell with Brucer's map that wasn't there with the original PCV map that Dave sent me.. not sure how i feel about this, time will tell.
Overall, both maps run great compared to stock. Definitely prefer Brucer's map because it seems to have solved the popping but the fuel smell might annoy me after a while, too early to tell yet I'll see how it goes over the next week.
I got that map from a guy in Kentucky. It was built using an Autotune in his area. I too noticed the fuel smell. Didn't smell as much after a good ride. I did notice a very slight hesitation just off idle so I took some fuel away from throttle position 2 and 5 @ 1250 RPM. I haven't tried it yet but I'm hoping this helps a little. It may clear up the fuel smell too.

·
Registered
644 Posts
stevejack - I pulled 6 points out of the 2 and 5% throttle @ 1250 RPM. No fuel smell and the hesitation seems to have disappeared. Bike runs pretty good now. I went for a 50 mile ride and the MPG looks about the same. Pretty happy with it for now. The Autotune should be installed next week so I should be able to tweak the map just a bit more for my area.

·
Registered
765 Posts
This is the map I'm currently running. As you can see in the pics most of my fuel cells are in the negative and the Auto Tune is suggesting I pull even more fuel out. I'm concerned the bike will run lean(er) if I do so. I sent the map to Chris @ Dynojet for his review.

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Is anyone running a map with a Thunder air kit and stock mufflers ?
I'm running Thunder air kit, stock mufflers with bored out baffles. The map was emailed to me by Thunder...if you bought your air kit from them- just call and they'll send you the map.

21 - 40 of 524 Posts