Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 524 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start a new thread on offering maps for the PCV. The first on is set up for Cobra slip-ons plus a Thunder Air Kit. This forum set up won't let me attach a pvm file so I will have to email it to you. I find this map very satisfying for performance.:p

·
Registered
70 Posts
[email protected]

I am also curious about how the software works if you could help me out. I am looking at getting this set up for my bike. I would just like more information before flopping over the cash

·
Registered
644 Posts
[email protected]

I am also curious about how the software works if you could help me out. I am looking at getting this set up for my bike. I would just like more information before flopping over the cash
If you get a map done (or sent to you), you can pull the map out of the PC V and view/edit it on your computer. Then with a USB cable, send it to the PC V and run with that map. The numbers on the map table represent a percentage from original when you look at the table.

Keep in mind, the engine will still use the ECU programming for the fuel injection. The PC V is just an overlay to bump the fuel up or down as needed based on the tune. If you add the auto-tune, it will adjust automatically and you can then accept the changes and that will be edited for you onto the map.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Couldn't have said that better myself. But keep in mind that if you add a air filter kit you definitely should add a fuel modifier. I like the PCV.:p

·
Registered
62 Posts
I want to start a new thread on offering maps for the PCV. The first on is set up for Cobra slip-ons plus a Thunder Air Kit. This forum set up won't let me attach a pvm file so I will have to email it to you. I find this map very satisfying for performance.:p
Is this the same map we traded, or do you have a new one?

Are you getting a backfire periodicaly when you let off?

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't remember what I sent you. But I have a newer one since I started this thread.
I will need your email address to send it or both to you.
Very rearly do I get a backfire.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have Vance & Hines slip ons with the Thunder air kit. I can't imagine that there would be all that much difference between the various mufflers, though these are a little louder than the Cobras which suggests less back pressure. At least your map should get me in the ballpark.
I would appreciate a copy of your map as well as any suggestions. My email address is [email protected]. Thanks!

·
Registered
644 Posts
I can't remember what I sent you. But I have a newer one since I started this thread.
I will need your email address to send it or both to you.
Very rearly do I get a backfire.
I got the original map from you. Could you sent me the updated map? [email protected]

Thx

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have just put a PCV on my 1700 LT
Not tunned yet, but I am adjusting the zero throttle column. This is the column that eliminates the popping.
I would like to see what you have mapped.
[email protected]

Thanks

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi guys, does anyone have a map for stock air with vance and hines twin slash pipes for the voyager?
PCV is on the way and David has kindly provided some maps for me to try but I don't have an air kit, just the pipes.

If someone does have maps to suit my particular setup please reply and i will PM you my email.

Cheers all

·
Registered
5 Posts
Maps work with 1700 Classic?

I was wondring if the maps you guys have will work with a VN1700 Classic 2010. If so, I would like one for a Cobra Speedster system. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was wondring if the maps you guys have will work with a VN1700 Classic 2010. If so, I would like one for a Cobra Speedster system. Thanks
Well my maps are for Cobra slip-0ns and a air kit. Have you modified the air box any? If you have let me know. What map do you have now?

·
Registered
5 Posts
no airbox mods

I haven't modified the airbox yet. I installed the Cobra exhaust on my bike along with the PC-V and didn't want to spend the money for the auto-tune. Do you think it will work with your maps? I'm having some hesitation when accelerating and shifting through the gears.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I haven't modified the airbox yet. I installed the Cobra exhaust on my bike along with the PC-V and didn't want to spend the money for the auto-tune. Do you think it will work with your maps? I'm having some hesitation when accelerating and shifting through the gears.
Are you running the "stock" map or the "zero" map right now?

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have the stock map in it now.
Ok stock map. Is this the map you downloaded from DynoJet web page for a stock set up? If you haven't installed a map into the PCV then it has a default "zero" map.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have the stock map in it now.
This worries me. There are many reports of people changing pipes and not even adding a PCV and the bike runs fune, albeit a little lean. If the supposedly optimized "stock" map even gives trouble that's not good.
You dont have a the model bike with an O2 sensor that has just been left dangling by any chance? I've heard of this happening

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dealer

Here's the thing. I'm actually a dealer and my customer bought the PC-V from us and didnt want the auto-tune knowing at the time that there were no maps available. So now he is saying that the bike isn't running right and wants someone (dyno-jet or us) to do something about it. So I've called Dyno-jet a bunch of times with no success and the customer is getting mad at us for not providing him with the proper "answer." So I just need your guy's help to try and satisfy my customer. I need a map for Cobra exhausts and no airbox mods. I can only imagine that Cobra or Vance & Hines are pretty close to eachother for a full system, so if you don't have it for a Cobra maybe a V&H will do?

1 - 20 of 524 Posts