Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a pcv for my 2012 Vaquero, First of all for now I am running all stock accept for the KN filter and don't wanna take it to a dyno guy with it being all stock.

So here's my question, I don't know a lot about these pcv's but I would assume it comes with a map installed for a stock 1700 and how well does it work or should I install another map (any suggestions would be greatful) or if anyone running the same setup that has a map thats setup and works great for them and would wanna share it with me. I not really looking for more performance, the bike already has enough to get me in trouble. I'm hoping for better fuel millage. I ordered the V17-0033

·
Registered
191 Posts
When you download the software from Dynojet, there will be a map for the 1700 with stock pipes and air box. That is the map you should download and send to your unit. The K&N filter will not change the air intake enough to merit anything other than the stock map. I don't think you will find very many people with a custom map for a stock set-up.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I didn't think I would find anyone with a custom map for a stock bike but what the hell, it was worth a shot! davidsheek told me that it probably doesn't have a map already installed and gave me a map number that would probably best suit me, and also let me know that I ordered the pc w/ignition so I guess I'll have a few more wires to hook up. not to worried about it, I'll get-r-done! Thanks Mike!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yeah I didn't think I would find anyone with a custom map for a stock bike but what the hell, it was worth a shot! davidsheek told me that it probably doesn't have a map already installed and gave me a map number that would probably best suit me, and also let me know that I ordered the pc w/ignition so I guess I'll have a few more wires to hook up. not to worried about it, I'll get-r-done! Thanks Mike!
Yep, but it's still very easy to hook up. You can go to Dynojet's website now and download the management software while you wait on your unit. You will find it under the download section of the unit you are buying's page. Your stock map can also be downloaded from that section. It's best to use a laptop if you have one so you can carry it out to the bike to send the map(s) to your PCV.

I don't know what map David sent you, but if it is the one he uses for his bike it will be way too rich for your stock setup. I tried his map and I have the same setup as you, but with V&H pipes. It was too rich for my setup. I went back to Dynojet's recommended map for my setup. I plan to get the bike dyno'ed as soon as the weather warms a little more.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dave didn't send me his map, he was being helpful and let me know what I had and the map I'll need to download from the site. I already got her set up and ready to go on the laptop, I'm thinking I can load the map into the unit before I install it on the bike. When you installed yours did you mess with any other settings or just installed the map and left the rest alone.

·
Registered
64 Posts
On or off the bike definately want to upgrade the firmware on both the software and the PC5. Older versions of the firmware have some issues. Firmware availible through the Dynojet website. If you want some maps to try send me a PM.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All I've been doing is researching the pc the two days and seen that firmware update and not thinking that I would need to update it because its new and would think it would have all the updates. Thanks for the info foater, I'll be send you a PM!

·
Registered
138 Posts
All I've been doing is researching the pc the two days and seen that firmware update and not thinking that I would need to update it because its new and would think it would have all the updates. Thanks for the info foater, I'll be send you a PM!
it will defiantly need a firm ware update
if you dont want to dyno it you can add the auto tune unit ,it does all the work for you and is easy to add at any time

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it will defiantly need a firm ware update
if you dont want to dyno it you can add the auto tune unit ,it does all the work for you and is easy to add at any time
I'll definitely load the firmware update! As far as the auto tuner, I didn't get one cause I plan to have it dynod at a shop after the other mods are inplace.
Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts