Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok all i have a question. I recently purchased a new to me 2009 voyager 1700 and it came with vance and hines twin slash slip ons along with a bunch of other non performance add ons. My next purchase is going to be a Chucksters Big air kit and a power commander V. My question is for the power commander V i can buy one that tunes fuel only or one that tunes fuel and ignition timing. I have seen a bunch of threads on this but i have not found one that really explains the benefits of tuning the ignition timing. If there is a thread and i missed it, i apologize but i was hoping someone could explain the difference and benefits of one VS the other.

Thanks All, stay safe

·
Registered
280 Posts
I would go this route instead, many that had tuners already and tried the reflash removed their tuners

Ivan's Performance Products

I have it on my 2015 Voyager and just added Cobra Tri Flo Slip Ons and now have ordered Chuckster's BAK. When I had the reflash done the bike was completely stock and it was amazing how much better the bike ran.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
got a laptop?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Do the ECU flash! ...I'm not the only VV owner with a discarded fuel tuner dangling by it's wiring loom from a nail in my shed, I'm sure. There's no comparison between them. The fuel tuner tries to rectify the fuel issues alone by adding fuel at various throttle positions - the flash goes straight to the cause of the problem (a lean condition from factory to over-comply with emissions standards), and fixes that and a whole host of other things as well.

I liked my voyager with the fuel tuner / pipes / Chuckster's BAK. Now, with ECU flash / pipes / K&N filter in OEM airbox... I love it.

My 2c.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts