Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any body have problem with the power commander turning off the engine ? I have my 2015 Vulcan voyager abs 1700 cutting off when riding , I have to switch the key off and on for it to start again,I was thinking that it may be a vapor lock so I insulated the bottom of the tank and the fuel line,but still is doing it, I check the key wires they are fine so the only that is left is the pc5

·
Registered
364 Posts
The main problem with Power Commanders used to be the power connection taps which were "clamp-on" or "vampire" connectors which can sever the wire or create intermittent connections (not sure if this is still an issue with current production).
If your application contains any of this type of connection to any wires in the stock wiring harness, they could be suspect. At any of the connection points the wires should be properly stripped back and soldered to assure good continuity.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank for your answer, it does have clamp on connection I will solder the connection ,but the strange is that when the engine stop if you try to start the engine it will no start until you turn the switch off and on ,it does it even going expressway speed try doing rolling start but it will not start until I switch off and on and then it start no problem , until it does it again, is like rebooting the ecu or the pc5

1 - 3 of 3 Posts