Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I recently installed a PCV 5 on my vaquero the other night, was hoping to see if anyone had a map they could share. I'm running the Vance and Hines twin slash slip on and K&N filter. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
I have one but you'll need to send me your email address. This forum doesn't support that file type.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I just installed my PC5 17-033 this morning! My bike is all stock for now so I'm running 005 stock map and since it didn't have any ignition settings I copied and pasted davidsheek's ignition settings into it. I only had her out for about 30 miles but she's running great and a lot smoother and cooler, when the wife noticed the bike is running smoother it tells me I must have done something right. The PC5 is the way to go, I'm very happy with it! I just can't wait to get pipes and have it machined dyno tuned to perfection.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just installed my PC5 17-033 this morning! My bike is all stock for now so I'm running 005 stock map and since it didn't have any ignition settings I copied and pasted davidsheek's ignition settings into it. I only had her out for about 30 miles but she's running great and a lot smoother and cooler, when the wife noticed the bike is running smoother it tells me I must have done something right. The PC5 is the way to go, I'm very happy with it! I just can't wait to get pipes and have it machined dyno tuned to perfection.
The PC5 is the way to go! I used a generic power commander stock map from their website and i noticed a difference right away.
The pipes make a huge difference as well the Vance and Hines slip ons sound sweet..
I'm anxious to get home to upload the map David sent.Does it matter if im still in the break-in process? I only have 640 miles on her so far.

·
Registered
851 Posts
The PC5 is the way to go! I used a generic power commander stock map from their website and i noticed a difference right away.
The pipes make a huge difference as well the Vance and Hines slip ons sound sweet..
I'm anxious to get home to upload the map David sent.Does it matter if im still in the break-in process? I only have 640 miles on her so far.
The break in is 600 miles, you should be good to go!

·
Registered
64 Posts
David,

thanks for the use of your map, the results were excellent. I did let my autotune adjust the fuel settings based on a AFR table recommended by Dynojet. Did not touch the Ign table. Took the bike to Big Bend and the results were even better than expected. Performance was again excelent, but my MPG was thruogh the roof. Cruising through the park and on the way home averaged 50mpg. Of course thast was using the bikes computer. Would like your opinion of the adjustments as well as the AFR table. Will send you the revised map and AFR table. Again thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well I have finally put together all of the components on my shopping list (for now) I have freedom performance true duals with the PC5 and just added the Roaring Toyz air cleaner yesterday. Wondering if there may be any maps out there that might work better than my current one? My e-mail is [email protected]

·
Registered
138 Posts
David,

thanks for the use of your map, the results were excellent. I did let my autotune adjust the fuel settings based on a AFR table recommended by Dynojet. Did not touch the Ign table. Took the bike to Big Bend and the results were even better than expected. Performance was again excelent, but my MPG was thruogh the roof. Cruising through the park and on the way home averaged 50mpg. Of course thast was using the bikes computer. Would like your opinion of the adjustments as well as the AFR table. Will send you the revised map and AFR table. Again thanks.
foater you will be happy as a pig in mud
just limit the amount that the auto tune can adjust as if you just let them loose they will keep leaning the bike out untill its a pig
ie mine can only adjust +or_ 2 ,untill i accept it and let it do it again other wise it will pull down -10 in one hit and you can get plat spots
learnt the hard way
if you dont accept the tables when you start again it goes back to the original settings and only fine tunes while you ride

·
Registered
8 Posts
Was wondering why you would need the 033 if there is no 02 in the Voyager? I'm thinking of getting a map programmer but don't know which one or where to get it for best price and service. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Was wondering why you would need the 033 if there is no 02 in the Voyager? I'm thinking of getting a map programmer but don't know which one or where to get it for best price and service. Any info would be appreciated.
Well first of all the 033 is the "Powercommander V (Fuel and Ignition) ".
It's only about $20 more, and worth it.

Looks like this is the best price for a quick look.
http://www.solomotoparts.com/Dynojet-Power-Commander-V-for-Vuclan-1700-09-13/?gclid=CjwKEAjwiq-oBRC9gvHCsvDdn2cSJACV3DFRbzWZB2pVHvJunv_RFQSlTQgUa0nIVgfJMHEIpeLOPxoChLLw_wcB

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the reply, just ordered PCV. Hope it works as well as most have reported. My bike is stock so I hope this will be all I need. Because I like the bike now so I can only hope this will make it even better. Thanks again.

·
Registered
235 Posts
David,

Could you send me that revised map and AFR Table. [email protected]

Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts