Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am planning on doing some work to my bike that requires me to disconnect my battery. My bike, which is a VN900C came with a PCIIIusb installed by the dealership. They told me that if I disconnect the battery, then any settings I have on my PCIII need to be re-installed.

I did take my bike to get dynoed at a different shop and they told me that the dealership was full of pooh, and disconnecting the battery won't matter.

I am leaning towards trusting the place where I had my bike dynoed since the do performance stuff (particular to HD). I haven't talked to Dynojet yet since I figured there are plenty of brilliant people on this forum who probably have the answer.

So does anyone know either way?

Thanks,

Rigor

·
Registered
343 Posts
I,m pretty sure it saves what you have in there.You can call dynojet that makes the pc 3 @800 992 4993 to check

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a power commander on my 900 and I'm pretty sure it saves the info. If you think about it - if the bike isn't running you have to plug a 9 volt in to the power commander for it to send a signal to your laptop. That would tell me that it's not using the bike's battery to store the info, but must have an on board one to do so. If you're worried about it, just plug your laptop in to it, then save the map on your hard drive. If it gets wiped out you can just send the saved map back to the power commander when you get the work done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts