Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know every body talk about Ivan flash , and that will be great to do to my ecu, but I have a warranty on the MC for 2 more years and getting a ecu to re flash is a lot of money ,Have the power commander for 2 year and on the last year started to kill the engine going a any speed and I will have to switch off and on the ignition sw or it will not start, I send it back to dyno jet and after a couple of week they send me a new one.
so I will keep using it for at leas the 2 more years that I have on the warranty ,
any body have power commander maps ? I have the voyager abs 1700 2015 with cobra tri-oval and K&K air filter it will pop on deceleration but other wise run good, any help out there:nerd:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know every body talk about Ivan flash , and that will be great to do to my ecu, but I have a warranty on the MC for 2 more years and getting a ecu to re flash is a lot of money ,Have the power commander for 2 year and on the last year started to kill the engine going a any speed and I will have to switch off and on the ignition sw or it will not start, I send it back to dyno jet and after a couple of week they send me a new one.

so I will keep using it for at leas the 2 more years that I have on the warranty ,

any body have power commander maps ? I have the voyager abs 1700 2015 with cobra tri-oval and K&K air filter it will pop on deceleration but other wise run good, any help out there:nerd:
The only way i got rid of the popping sound was an ivan flash.power commander no matter what map i ran continued to pop..i have a 2011 vaquero. And after the ivan flash no more issues...i get the warranty issues you are concerned about ,after your warranty runs out it seems the only fix is tbe ivan flash...it really is reasonable i paid 350 and the power commander is what 300 or so..hope this cam be of some help

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
If you really want the Ivan's flash you should do it.

The only way that Kawasaki can deny warranty is to prove the flash is what caused the failure. And, then, they could only deny stuff related to that, not the whole of the bike.

The likelyhood of having any problem related to the ECU or whatever that would even cause Kawi to look that deep is, IMO, about as close to zero as it gets without being zero.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I Ivanized my new 2016 at the 2000 mile mark. Best single upgrade I will ever do. A new bike. At the 3500 mile mark I had warranty work done with no issues. From everything I have read the past two years, about the only thing Kawasaki would do is void the warranty on the ECU if it was Ivanized and failed. I have yet to find anyone who was denied warranty work due to Ivanizing Heck...some Kawasaki Dealers facilitate sending the ECU to Ivan for their customers. My 2 cents

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’ll second on the Ivan Flash. Tried all kinds of maps on PCV and finally got frustrated enough and sent the ECU to Ivan.
WOW! My 2016 Vaquero. Never ran or sounded better. Popping all gone! and bike runs cooler as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts