Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last couple of days, my browser (Google Chrome) slows to a crawl when posting. Like click on anything and wait 5 - 10 seconds for a response. And sometimes I get a "Shockwave Flash has crashed" notice.
I haven't notice this behavior on any other sites.
I don't recall making any changes on my end.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
it's the ads making things slow

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts

·
Administrator
437 Posts
its not the ad's. you have an unstable plugin installed on your browser that is prone to malware and causes issues.
remove shockwave plugin completely. to speed things up, turn hardware acceleration off, update your java and flash as well.

id also do a malware check since shockwave has been on your system as well.

let me know if that helps.

~Shane

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Things seem to be working normally now. Thanks for your help Shane!

Don't bother reading this paragraph. I'm just typing a bunch of useless gibberish to test my progress. Since the longer I typed before removing shockwave, the slower my browser responded. So far things are going smooth as silk. All buttons are responding normally.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Don't bother reading this paragraph. I'm just typing a bunch of useless gibberish to test my progress. Since the longer I typed before removing shockwave, the slower my browser responded. So far things are going smooth as silk. All buttons are responding normally.
This was the best part of the thread. I don't know why I laughed, but I did.

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
its not the ad's. you have an unstable plugin installed on your browser that is prone to malware and causes issues.
remove shockwave plugin completely. to speed things up, turn hardware acceleration off, update your java and flash as well.

id also do a malware check since shockwave has been on your system as well.

let me know if that helps.

~Shane
FYI:

I don't have Shockwave, auto updates on just about everything and do AV scans regularly, have limited plugins, and update flash as soon as an update is available. I only just installed java a couple of days ago, but the problem existed well before that. I listed all that because I have the same slow responses as the OP.

This is also by far the overall slowest forum of the 4 that I visit every day. I get the same lag when typing a post as the OP and it is awful sometimes. Like he said 5 - 10 seconds just to see a character appear on the screen.

I just enabled AdBlock Plus before typing this post. The speed is normal now as compared to the other forums. I don't know if the two are related, or just a coincidence, but it is a vast improvement over what I have seen recently.

Hope this information is useful.

·
Administrator
437 Posts
FYI:

I don't have Shockwave, auto updates on just about everything and do AV scans regularly, have limited plugins, and update flash as soon as an update is available. I only just installed java a couple of days ago, but the problem existed well before that. I listed all that because I have the same slow responses as the OP.

This is also by far the overall slowest forum of the 4 that I visit every day. I get the same lag when typing a post as the OP and it is awful sometimes. Like he said 5 - 10 seconds just to see a character appear on the screen.

I just enabled AdBlock Plus before typing this post. The speed is normal now as compared to the other forums. I don't know if the two are related, or just a coincidence, but it is a vast improvement over what I have seen recently.

Hope this information is useful.
its not just shockwave, hardware acceleration can jog down on ads as well because of how flash behavior is. turning it off if your system does not support hardware acceleration can solve a lot of issues right from the get go.

try all the steps above and it might be the fix for you. or if the ad blocker works for you, then thats good too. let me know regardless.

~Shane

1 - 9 of 9 Posts