Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2002 mean streak that I rebuilt the transmission on, I have followed the repair manual to re assemble the engine and finally got it back in the frame today and wired up, I pulled the plugs out so I could crank it over and let the oil build pressure and get to all the important places, it turned over fine sounded normal, after a few cranks I put the plugs back in to fire it up, hit the button and the motor turned over slowly, and sounded almost like it was under water, it would not start! Now I was sure I followed the repair manual perfectly with the timing setup but just to be sure I pulled the motor out again pulled the tops off and check the cam timing. With the rotor on the F mark looking through the viewing hole I lined up the front cam and installed the chain tensioner, then I turned the engine over counterclockwise to have the R mark lined up in the hole, and made sure the cam was lined up on the rear, is there something I have missed? Could this be something other then the timing ? Any help would be great as I have a decent amount of money in this machine now

1 - 1 of 1 Posts