Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the new 2012 Kaw Vulcan 900 Classic LT, however I do not like the studs on the seat and bags. I was thinking, if someone out there has a nice, new aftermarket seat and bags, that they would possibly like to trade (when I buy the bike this weekend). I know the stock one's cost a ton more if I went with the Classic and bought the windshield, bags, and passenger backrest separate. Just curious if this is a viable option, or if I should just stick with the studded one's.

·
Registered
498 Posts
If you don't like them you don't like them. I know it may delay your bike buying but ask the dealer about getting non studded. I am not sure if any LT's come w/o the studded stuff. I know I don;'t like them but some of that stems from having cheap studded stuff years ago that was a pain to keep clean and the studs shiny.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
studded seats...

Oh, I'll still get the bike, don't get me wrong. I'm just not a "flashy" kind of guy. Like things simple. I asked, believe me, just all the bike's come this way from the factory, and my dealer said the other way is to just get the Classic and add what I want. That option, however, is much too expensive. If nobody has non-studded to trade, no biggie. Just thought I would put that option out here in case someone thought "yes! I want those studded one's, not my plain ones!" Then we'd have a match! :D

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I think the price difference between the Classic and The Classic LT is about $1500.00, which is just about what you'd pay for the LT stuff that's not on the Classic. Before you pay, check that out and go from there. You might be able to turn a Classic into an LT of your choosing for about the same price as buying the LT outright, then figure out how to remove the studs or buy something aftermarket. Personally, I like the studded look, but that's just me. Good luck.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I think the price difference between the Classic and The Classic LT is about $1500.00, which is just about what you'd pay for the LT stuff that's not on the Classic. Before you pay, check that out and go from there. You might be able to turn a Classic into an LT of your choosing for about the same price as buying the LT outright, then figure out how to remove the studs or buy something aftermarket. Personally, I like the studded look, but that's just me. Good luck.
Agreed...I bought a new 2011 900 Classic in December and added Cobra crash bars, Vulcan saddlebags, Memphis Shade windshield, Cobra backrest and a Mustang seat all for around $1300. The dealer gave me a 15% discount buying some items through them and I got some stuff through Amazon and Craigslist. Everything was new...deals are out there if you are patient and do your homework.

Good luck and enjoy customizing your new bike!

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm not a fan of the studs either, but my LT has them. To tell the truth, mine is an '07 with 24K miles, and none of the studs have fallen off or lost their shiny finish. To be honest, though, I don't give a rat's A about detail cleaning studs. After a wash/wax and a wipe of the seat, the look fine at five feet.

Have you tried, "I'll buy it today, if you'll swap out the studded equipment for the non-studded, at this price"? Be sure to point out that at his list prices, the studded equipment is worth a couple hundred dollars more than the plain.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not a bad idea...

I'm not a fan of the studs either, but my LT has them. To tell the truth, mine is an '07 with 24K miles, and none of the studs have fallen off or lost their shiny finish. To be honest, though, I don't give a rat's A about detail cleaning studs. After a wash/wax and a wipe of the seat, the look fine at five feet.

Have you tried, "I'll buy it today, if you'll swap out the studded equipment for the non-studded, at this price"? Be sure to point out that at his list prices, the studded equipment is worth a couple hundred dollars more than the plain.
I may have to try that. The only difference in the Classic and the Classic LT is the seat, and the addition of the windshield, sissy bar, and the saddlebags. They could always swap the seat with a Classic seat, then throw the studded stuff on that same Classic and make it an LT!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts