Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cliffs TLDR:
  • Delkevic will(might) do a full exhaust for the '96-'09 Vulcan 500 if there is enough interest.
  • To express your interest, email Janielle Myers with Delkevic at [email protected] stating you want for a full system for the '96-'09 vulcan 500

Well since adding a 500 to the stable I have noticed the lack of options out there for the '96-'09 owners. Knowing full well the OEM header is a double wall header and like almost all double wall headers they are prone to breaking apart with age and miles, I started looking at options a few months ago. Mainly options that don't involve buying another prone to failure OEM header.

Not really wanting to get into a DIY for a basically "off the shelf bike"(I'd rather just bolt something on and be done), I sent out a few product request emails to many of the production exhaust manufactures. Of all of them Delkavic was the most receptive, as in they didn't say flat out NO.

They(Delkevics R&D department) is willing to do them but are not currently working on it as a project. So, here is where the forum comes in, If you are interested in a non-OEM production option please take a few minutes to send off a email for a request and maybe we can speed the project up with some increased interest.

Below is my email exchange with Janielle after she replied to the initial product request.

Hello flstffxe,
Thank you for your interest in our products. I have passed your request on to our R&D department. We don't currently have any projects underway but we are constantly developing new products. Check back with me in a couple months and I will let you know if we have decided to move forward with this project.
Cheers
Janielle
Pretty canned response and about what I expected. A few months have now passed so I sent this off today.

Just wondering if there was any thought put into this. I know it isn't a large market but there currently aren't any options other than OEM either.

Thank you,
flstffxe
Hello flstffxe,
I've checked with R&D and they said it is something they will eventually do but they aren't currently working on it. Depending on how their current project progress they may get to it next spring. Sorry it isn't the news you want but we will make it eventually.
Regards
Janielle
You know a chance in the spring is better than the absolutely nothing we have now for options.

Would it be OK if I posted something up on a couple of the vulcan 500 forums to possibly drive/gauge interest? Thinking along the lines of a email/product request address people could express their interest to. If so, is there a particular email or page you would like me to use?

Assuming you wouldn't want to use this email.

Thanks again,
flstffxe
I'm ok if you want to post something. More requests definitely will not hurt your cause. I will forward them to our R&D guy and if he sees a lot of interest he might push the project forward faster.
Regards
Janielle
So there you have it. If you are interested in a possible future off the shelf full exhaust option send a email to Janielle Myers with Delkevic at [email protected] expressing you want for a full system for the '96-'09 Vulcan 500.

So far I think this is about the best chance we are going to get at a off the shelf option:fingers-crossed:

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The price for the Ninja 500 headpipes is 199, for the set in stainless. Would definitely be interested for something like that for the Vulcan, just a few dollars more than one OE pipe.
Actually works out to be cheaper if Delkevic lands in the same price range as the ninja header.

Most of what I remember finding put the OEM headers at about $150 a side on average.

Not to mention stainless steel and not double wall which should open up the flow some.

· Registered
222 Posts
I'm IN. My 500 is my daily ride to school, and almost anywhere I can't get to on my bicycle. There are NO alternatives, and I'm NOT gonna pay for a used or new product doomed to the same fate of broken innards. Exhaust rattle SUCKS. I'll be writing that e-mail now. Thank you for your initiative!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.