Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I put Cobra Tri Ovals on last night. Love the sound. I get some popping on deceleration at times. So, I plugged the AIS and did a recheck for exhaust leaks, no leaks found. Transient popping only. Two bikes ago, I had Cobra pipes with a Power Commander, no popping. Is this the answer to the popping problems? What have all you other guys found?

PS : I'm at Sturgis and staying and riding at 4000 + elevation. I know elevation is a factor.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Ok, I put Cobra Tri Ovals on last night. Love the sound. I get some popping on deceleration at times. So, I plugged the AIS and did a recheck for exhaust leaks, no leaks found. Transient popping only. Two bikes ago, I had Cobra pipes with a Power Commander, no popping. Is this the answer to the popping problems? What have all you other guys found?

PS : I'm at Sturgis and staying and riding at 4000 + elevation. I know elevation is a factor.
Yes I realy believe a PCV would correct that problem. I have richen up the low throutle opening in the map and now it's all gone. If you get the PCV I'll send you the map I'm using if you like.:)

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Does the popping on decel hurt anything? I kind of like it, as the cars around me tend to give me a little more space.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Does the popping on decel hurt anything? I kind of like it, as the cars around me tend to give me a little more space.
NO, the popping doesn't hurt anything. :)

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I realy believe a PCV would correct that problem. I have richen up the low throutle opening in the map and now it's all gone. If you get the PCV I'll send you the map I'm using if you like.:)
Hey thank you for the offer. If I do get a PCV I may take you up on your offer. It's hard to believe but my wife thinks it sounds cool! Got to keep the better half happy ya know. ;-)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I put on a Cobra HP powerpro 2 -1 exhaust and had this problem.... the only thing that really helped was to put a set of new small baffles into the pipes way up in the header pipe. Got them from Big City THunder and I do beleive the additional backpressure they added did the trick... got a bit quieter too which was OK with me
Annie

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'm running the Cobra FI2000R (along w/Cobra Tri-Ovals & Thunder Air Kit) and have very little popping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts