Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
My money says he is in jail and will be back shortly, or maybe soon, or maybe sometime in the future.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Forum won't let you post less than ten characters aka tenminimum.
He seems to have deleted/edited a few of his posts and replaced with tenminimum.:<
Bingo.

You'll note the post has been edited. Some members don't like a 'permanent record' of what they've said; so to speak- so they will frequently delete old threads and posts. However, everyone should realize that anything on the internet can be saved or recorded by other persons, it's never really gone. Don't post anything you think should be deleted later!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I've wondered frequently what became of Ponch over the last year. A true source of wisdom and wit.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Uh oh. I wonder if men in black suits driving black SUVs knocked on his door and took him away? I miss his insight also. His last edits were before the last elections weren't they? He was willing to express his opinion....

·
Registered
864 Posts
Times are changing, first Ponch now Tallannie!
Reading their posts for 2 +years was a blast.
Thanks for all the fun. Bulldozer

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My thoughts about the guy have gone just where all of yours went , and you reminded me of the ten minimum letters , so I don't think he is in jail. I do remember him posting some pictures of three other guy's he rode with, right before he dissapeared.

Ponch...." A Legend In His Own Mind"

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
I ran across Ponch about 2 years ago at a biker watering hole called the Shadetree between Austin and San Antonio, near where I live.

He and I talked about my Vaquero for a while, in fact he is the one that told me about this forum.

Never seen him again these past two years while out riding the Texas Hill Country, only on this forum, now wondering what and where he may be.

·
Registered
864 Posts
My thoughts about the guy have gone just where all of yours went , and you reminded me of the ten minimum letters , so I don't think he is in jail. I do remember him posting some pictures of three other guy's he rode with, right before he dissapeared.

Ponch...." A Legend In His Own Mind"
Yep i was one of the guys ! We had a great ride or least as far as i was concerned. I dont think we offended him ??
In real life Ponch is a great guy, very helpful, ( i was having bike trouble one night on a ride in NM and Ponch was the only person i could think of to call, he talked me through the repairs and got me going ) and i doubt there is anyone more knowledgeable about the V2K..
We also spent a great evening at Smeds wedding. Mostly asking ourselves why such a beautiful woman would marry an old biker dude like Smed>> :eek:
He is missed ! Bulldozer

·
Registered
864 Posts
I wonder if he bought a harley? I really liked his bike!

Hope that he is in good health.
He has had Harleys for years, when i went to his place of business i saw one of them first hand. He really wasnt all that fond of them..

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I just got done sifting through 2+ years of my subscribed posts and found very little evidence left of Ponch. I'm probably overthinking and waxing a tad philosophic, but I'm a little disappointed.

I did not know the man, I cannot fathom why he'd wipe his posts, but I think he's done this forum and the internet in general a great disservice. His spot-on advice and hilarious commentary were always welcome, and it's a true shame that new members and new riders will never experience much of what he had to say. Godspeed, Ponch, wherever ya are.

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
and those who commented in this thread are entitled to be curious as to what happened to a regular contributor .....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts