Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reply with three things

1. Your height

2. Your favorite windshield height - if you don't like your current windshield or have extreme buffeting, please do not post.

3. Custom or Classic

·
Registered
761 Posts
Height-5'9" Favorite windshield height is 21" I have a 2009 Classic with no buffeting whatsoever.

·
Registered
643 Posts
There are some good videos on you tube about determining the correct height. Most recomend the top of the shield to be inline with the bottom of you nose so that you are lookin over not through the windshield.

I think best to have it measured for you. Lots of folks with the same height and different body compositions, long legs, short torso vs. short legs long torso etc.

My bike is naked so I can't offer any personal recommendations.

·
Registered
81 Posts
6'2" 2009 Classic LT - windshield is set just below line of site by extending my arm forward. Would not trade my windshield or lowers for anything - also larger Kurakyn grips make for a comfortable ride.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i,m 5'9 and also have it set so that it is about even with my nose.Just put a batwing on with a 6 inch windshield and think i am going to try a 9. 07 1500 classic

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I don't have my Vulcan just yet but do have a windshield on my Honda Shadow. I am 5'8 and have the height just below my nose. Buffeting is not too bad, even when I manage those rare moments at 85. But if I sit up extra straight, probably an extra couple of inches, then I can really feely my head bobble about. Wind noise gets pretty loud as well. Amazing at what a difference just a couple of inches makes.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm thinking a cardboard cutout is going to be the only way I am going to be able to decide. Maybe I will try that tomorrow when I am snowed in!

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
And one big a$$ed fan... :D

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And one big a$$ed fan... :D
True, but I think I am mostly concerned with the height. I am thinking about blacking out the shield so you cant see through it, so if it's to tall that's obviously a problem. If its to short, well then not enough protection.

·
Registered
729 Posts
6' 2"

Stock LT screen

1" offset at lower end (forward)

at mid of adjustment

Upper lip when sitting with back strait

·
Registered
376 Posts
5'11" with a Memphis Fats 21" shield and home made lowers on an 07 900 Custom. I can tilt my head slightly up and look over the top or tilt my head down and look through.

·
Registered
110 Posts
5' 6"
15" Memphis slim
about nose high, can see over top without having to look through, no buffering.
Classic

1 - 15 of 15 Posts