Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I prefer a tuned sound, not excessively loud or droning. Stupid loud is abrasive and annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have V&H Baggers on my 1600 Nomad and yes, it's louder than stock but I don't consider it obnoxious. More of a deep rumble without the annoying tinny "blat" you get with no baffles or other DIY exhaust mods. I can ride all day on the highway and it doesn't bother me, plus I have the added safety of being a little louder so someone is more likely to "notice" me before cutting into my lane. Agree or disagree, sound is another type of high vis riding.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I like the sound deep and throaty but would be fine with keeping the decibels near stock level. I generally don't want to see tighter regulations (European riders might be more sympathetic to that pov); the top-down policing approach isn't for me. All I'd say is that many riders could do with a lot more common sense/consideration, the kind that makes you realize you're a dick for tearing through sleepy neighbourhoods etc.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,849 Posts
They say loud pipes saves lives....I beg to differ.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
They say loud pipes saves lives....I beg to differ.
When the freeway is virtually stopped and I'm splitting lanes at 15-25mph, or riding on streets with lower speed limits, they seem to help (I have 2 bikes, one stock and with with Cobra exhaust).

Otherwise the sound is all behind me. At 80mph I can hardly tell the difference and I'm sitting right on top of them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I like louder than stock pipes, but straight V&H pipes on a 900 are too loud for me at idle. They're at least 95 dB (with baffles) compared to 85 on my prior sportsbike which was about right - big difference.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I dont care for the wisper quiet of most stock pipes, but also dont care for the straight pipe sound either. A nice low rumbling tone at cruise I do like. the higher pitched sound many pipes have just dont do it for me.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,849 Posts
Damn annoying! Look at me look at me this is what an idiot looks like!
Wow dude if you dont like loud pipes that's fine but don't call other people idiots for having them.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts