Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
:eek::eek::eek:. That did not look good. I could not image how that felt. I hit a dip in the road one time that caused my rear tire to come up off the ground (no where near that high) enough to unload the rear tire and for it to pick up speed and then hit the pavement again. Scared the :poop: out of me. He is just lucky that bike did not land on him.

·
Registered
346 Posts
That cop has a valid lawsuit now on account of the retarded city workers deciding to place speedbumps at a stoplight area!

·
BOTM Winner, February 2016
265 Posts
Looks like its at an airport terminal.

·
Registered
243 Posts
And to think they put speed bumps for safety reasons. Really?

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
It looks like he really hit the front brake hard just before he hit the bump. The bike with the nearly locked front wheel catapulted him when he hit. The moral on a bike or car is to never, never hit anything while braking heavily.

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
It looks like he really hit the front brake hard just before he hit the bump. The bike with the nearly locked front wheel catapulted him when he hit. The moral on a bike or car is to never, never hit anything while braking heavily.
I was wondering that myself, and I think you're exactly right. I've hit some pretty hefty speed bumps myself with nothing NEAR that reaction.

He forgot his motorcycle safety course! :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wow!!
Once a saw he was ok, mostly I hope anyway, I couldn't help chuckle a little. Talk about getting ribbed by your friends, like others cops are notorious for this ( I used to be one) plus it is on video for repeat enjoyment of your co-workers!!

Sincerely hope he was ok though.....

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Out here, locally, we have speed tables. The are Big and Long. Depending on the length of your vehicle you can get the front tire on the down hil part while the rear is going up hill. I also drive a Jeep Wrangler. I can get the entire jeep on the top of some of the tables. Speed bumps are one thing, speed tables are dangerous!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts