Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I, for one, think the mods should start deleting the ridiculous Harley bashing threads that have been popping up as this forum evolves. It ain't the bikes, it's the people.....and nobody, NOBODY is gonna stop the people. Let's talk bikes....and anything Harley, Yamaha, Honda etc....should be in the "other rides" section. Mods, start by deleting this thread.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I agree, they add nothing to the 900 tech section.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It ain't the bikes, it's the people.....and nobody, NOBODY is gonna stop the people.
Cheers to that! And it's a small percentage of them. I tend to ride with mostly HD folk, and there's a constant ribbing from both sides, but it's all in good fun.

I've only met a few that truly are the a$$holes of the riding community.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Agreed. Now, what's sad is our mods haven't gotten around to deleting this thread lol

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
I don't have a problem with Harleys, I stop all the time to see if they need help. Has someone been really harsh or is it all in good fun? I haven't read the other thread about Harleys that is current, isn't something that interest me, but if it's just good fun, I think we get caught up in over-regulating enough already. If it's really cruel, I'm with you 100 %!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I agree. What some of us don't realize is that our bike of choice (the 900) is styled after a design made popular by the very manufacturer that they say they hate. The V twin engine with a single pin crank (which is what powers the 900) was made popular by HD and the whole design of our gas tank was pioneered by that company that sports black and orange. So let's remember that while there are some Jerks that ride Harleys there are also some jerks that ride Hondas, Yamahas, BMWs, and believe it or not Kawasakis.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Last time I intervened I kinda got into trouble, lol!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I agree. What some of us don't realize is that our bike of choice (the 900) is styled after a design made popular by the very manufacturer that they say they hate. The V twin engine with a single pin crank (which is what powers the 900) was made popular by HD and the whole design of our gas tank was pioneered by that company that sports black and orange. So let's remember that while there are some Jerks that ride Harleys there are also some jerks that ride Hondas, Yamahas, BMWs, and believe it or not Kawasakis.
Brothers, Most can't tell the Vulcan from a Harley.

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've probably mentioned this before, but 50% of the Ulysses riders in my local branch are HD riders, we all get on famously, ask lots of questions about each other's bikes as well as passing compliments to them, both ways. They are the first to agree of the high cost of purchasing, servicing and parts for HD's, but also say 'The good things in life don't come cheap!!'

The bottom line is, as most have said on this thread, it's not the bike, it's the rider.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I agree it not the bike, it's the rider. I have good friends with Harleys and we have a few laughs poking fun at each other. The world is full of idiots some ride bikes of various makes, not just Harley.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Can we use constructive Harley Bashing??? Well somebody had to ask! It may as well be me.;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
You mean like what's with the big chain hanging from the pocket?
So what's it for? Is it just part of the "uniform"?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Actually this is a Vulcan Forum. The talk should focus on Vulcans. Other bikes, including HD should only be discussed to the extent they compare or contrast to the Vulcan. If I am trying to research something or compare notes with other riders of a similar bike, I don't want to have to read through pages of jibs and jabs. Set up a separate thread for that and moderators should confine those comments to those threads.

Some good natured ribbing is part of the landscape and goes with the territory. The problem comes in when someone takes it personally and becomes mean spirited about it or it goes on for pages in a forum that is designed to talk about a specific issue with the Vulcan. I never understood this because whether someone else buys a HD, Kawi or whatever does not put any money in our pockets.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You mean like what's with the big chain hanging from the pocket?
So what's it for? Is it just part of the "uniform"?
What does a chain on your wallet have anything to do with any brand of motorcycle. Ive been wearing a chain on mine since I started carrying one at 14 cause I skated. The chain is so when your wallet comes out of your pocket no matter what you ride, you get to keep it. After you lose a couple with money in them the chain seems like a pretty good idea.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
any good carney will tell you,, only a mark carries money in their wallet.

btw,, wallets are for where you carry your dis-information.

·
Registered
47 Posts
What does a chain on your wallet have anything to do with any brand of motorcycle. Ive been wearing a chain on mine since I started carrying one at 14 cause I skated. The chain is so when your wallet comes out of your pocket no matter what you ride, you get to keep it. After you lose a couple with money in them the chain seems like a pretty good idea.
Actually, I agree with you there. The look is mostly associated with Harley riders because of the sterotyping.

However, I wore a chain and wallet as well..never wanted to carry around a silly purse. A chain was much more practical so I never lost my wallet and never had to deal with thiefs either.

Personally, I don't bash a rider, no matter what they ride...unless it's a scooter! Heheh. I kid. :p

A rider is a rider. Two wheels out on the road, doing what we ALL love to do: RIDE.

If you can't see past sterotypes and have to bash another rider, then my friend, you aren't considered my "brother" out on these roads.

I poke fun at Harley riders sometimes, but when it comes to truth, Harley has come a long way and is making some nice bikes. The Fatboy...that's a pretty nice bike to be honest. :bashful:

Ah yes, don't hate the game..hate the player. Same idea.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
The chain is so when your wallet comes out of your pocket no matter what you ride, you get to keep it. After you lose a couple with money in them the chain seems like a pretty good idea.
I actually started wearing mine on a chain when I lost my wallet about 11 years ago. I also stopped carrying cash in my wallet. So why is it still on a chain?

...I'm not real sure...but it is a shiny chain.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts