Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why not have a rally/ride of NW riders this summer? Let's get this organized and do it!!! Sound off if you're interested.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Date, route, destination, duration are all "to be determined". Depends on participation....where everyone is located, what's a central point, etc. Have to say, lack of response is not encouraging. Thought for sure we'd have more members want to ride.

I'm about 70 miles north of Portland.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just finished riding Hwy 20, the North Cascades Scenic Highway. Lots of bikes going both ways....mostly HD and adventure/sport. Small groups, mostly singles like me. Would've been great with a few others.

Well, been 10 days since I brought up the idea and, sadly, response has been zilch. So, will just ride alone, alot, 'til the weather rolls in.

Ride safe all.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It's too late in the summer for me to participate. Apple harvest starts in about 4 weeks and I'm pretty busy now. But I'd be game for next summer.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I've been finding group rides through meetup.com -- there's a Seattle bunch doing a kind of cool sounding urban ride this weekend, going to the Jimi Hendrix and Bruce & Brandon Lee memorial sites, for instance. I rode with them last weekend for a romp around Camano Island. Great group, really fun ride. Nothing near you? Start a meetup down there. Lot less trouble than creating a whole rally!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Are you still up for this? I found it almost impossible to arrange this sort of thing when I was with a different website. But, that website was exclusive to 750s so perhaps that, in itself is why.
I tried on at least two occasions to get a PNW meet going. No interest. Disheartening.
That being said, I am all for it. I've seen sooooooo many annual meets with people on the east(ish) coast that I don't see why it can't be done here, too. The PNW has fantastic roads and scenery.
I am primarily free to do any Friday through Sunday ride just for giggles but would be open to longer affairs in any of the PNW states.
Count me in!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I'll do that, thanks.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I did look up the PNW Vulcan club. Looks like a good group of folks and someone that I could enjoy being associated with. Unfortunately they're a bit too far north of me. There's no real part of civilization that I am interested in north of SeaTac. Get away from the hubbub of all that traffic and people and I'd enjoy it, but I don't see myself heading that way through the traffic at all.
I don't mind the distance, it's just the crowded area. So I am hoping to find a similar group located say, from where I am, southward.
Thanks for the tip though. It was fun looking at their group. I hope I run across them on the road sometime.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Moses Lake is nicely located with tons of roads all around you. Good riding. Eastern Washington and Western Washington are two different beasts entirely.

·
Registered
78 Posts
For sure we have plenty of open roads to ride on. Usually when the weather is nice we are all super busy getting ground prepped, crops planted and water set. I ride to work a lot then take the long road home.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
VN750Guy....I'm just south of Centralia/Chehalis area. Get up your way fairly often when the weather is a little warmer! Rode about 50 miles today. We'll have to see what we can do about getting some riders in the civilized region of western WA. If you want to send me your email, I'll let you know next time I'm coming up. [email protected]

·
Registered
1,111 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Suggestion, we all go to the Hells Canyon Rally and form our own subgroup.
Home - Hells Canyon Motorcycle Rally
It's $80 including camping at the high school, cheap!

July 12-16 in Historic Baker City, Oregon.

I was going to go anyway, and we could set up group rides there if we want, or go solo, lots of options and no planning required!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Hey that sounds really interesting! I think I could swing that since I have enough of a notice of it. Its darn easy to get to. A one day ride, each way regardless which side of the river you ride along.

I have no camping gear though.

Unless something comes up between now and then to change things, count on me to ride along with ya down there!

Here's hoping we get a few more to come, too. Looks like fun.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Oh yeah. I can't ride with you because you are coming from a different direction. Duh!

But I can sure get there regardless. I'm in!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts