Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· BOTSpring Winner 2017
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone changed the coil wires on an 800 by just cutting an auto wire to length and plugging it into the coil and the cap? If so, what type of wire did you use? My wires are corroded and they only sell the coil, wire and cap together for $115 each. Ouch!

· BOTSpring Winner 2017
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I relocated my coils on my 800. 18000 miles ago. I bought ignition cable I needed from a local auto parts store. They sold it by the foot real cheap. the print on the cable says "7mm copper conductor cable"
Yes, I finally found some wire without having to go online. My local chain auto stores did not have it, so I found it at a local mom/pop auto store. They even had shiny or flat black. Worked great. Once I cleaned and dried the plugs it fired right out. After sitting for 3 years by the PO, it blew all sorts of black and white smoke out for about 5 minutes. It had a quart too much oil so I drained a quart and added 6 oz of Seafoam. Drove it for 45 minutes or so and drained the thin, black crud. Will add Mobil 1 10-40 MC Racing oil today and change the coolant. Gonna be a sweet little bike for my college age kids to ride when they come home during the holidays and summers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.