Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to put a windshield on my 900 but I'm not sure which one. Can you guys post a picture and brand of yours please. I'm a big guy so I'm thinking it will have to be a tall one to do much good. Thanks !!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Memphis Shades Classic Deuce:

I think if I were doing it again, I might consider the Big Shot since is mounts to the forks instead of the handlebars. That said, it would only be for quick removal with a little bit of consideration for cleaning up the bars. Otherwise, I'm fine with the Deuce...better be since I've got over 40k miles with it.

Let me know if you want more pics since it appears we have the same bike...

·
Registered
658 Posts
Nice to see the red 900's representing (it IS the fastest color you know LOL)

National Cycle flyscreen

oh... and a pair of these. Just enough wind protection. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I have the Memphis Shades Big Shot. It looks the same as windsurfdog's Deuce, but it uses a fork mount instead of the handle bar. So I just took a shot of the mounting bracket...

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts

national Cycle Heavy Duty Touring. I think it's the biggest one out there, plus I really liked the polycarbonate vs. any other material.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have the 900 Custom and I put the National Cycle Tinted SwitchBlade Deflector windshield on it. I will post some pictures in just a bit. I wanted one to help keep the wind of of me but not detract from the look or the lines of the bike and I think that this one fits the bill nicely. I am 6'1" and I angled the windsheild so the wind hits the top of my helmet.

·
Registered
186 Posts
My windscreen.

Got around to taking a picture or two. Since it is a SwitchBlade I can remove it easily if I want to. The bugs are courtsey of Missouri riding and does not come standard from the factory.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I am not a big fan of shields on the custom and are yet to see anything that really catches my eye that fits in with the whole concept and handlebars. After finally getting to ride mine this week end for a few hours, i have come to the conclusion that i definitely need something.

Due to the small headlight on the custom vs the classic, a regular batwing just doesn't do it for me. I have found this one, its listed for the 900 and i am considering it along with a headlight (to a classic) change. It ain't cheap, by the time i had it painted i envisage the total cost on the bike would be just under a $1000. I do think it would look cool as well as offer some protection.

here's the link ..... http://www.sscustomcycle.com/

any comments ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Can't leave out the cafe from this thread.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the 900 Custom and I put the National Cycle Tinted SwitchBlade Deflector windshield on it. I will post some pictures in just a bit. I wanted one to help keep the wind of of me but not detract from the look or the lines of the bike and I think that this one fits the bill nicely. I am 6'1" and I angled the windsheild so the wind hits the top of my helmet.
Very nice, Jorge.
Which model and size (height) of National Cycle SwitchBlade Deflector did you choose?
I have been looking for a detachable windshield too. It seems to be it.
Thanks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Rode the bike into work today with the ss-20 installed and it seems to protect my head but makes the wind buffet against my chest from underneath.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rode the bike into work today with the ss-20 installed and it seems to protect my head but makes the wind buffet against my chest from underneath.
How did that windshield end up working for you 07custom? I'm thinking of putting one on my 2010 se

1 - 20 of 55 Posts