Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if it was ok to eliminate this plastic guard in front of rear tire that i had to cut and modify a bit to fit my 200/70/15 metzeler and lowering kit ??????????My power commander is mounted right behind battery box so its behind that guard and gives it some rotection from rocks and stuff but I didnt know if getting rid of this plastic guard would pose problems or not Thanks for your replies. Brian

·
Registered
358 Posts
If you don't mind water and road debris getting into every crack and crevice under your seat and on the rear portion of your motor, go ahead. I would think protecting the electrical system - including your PC - might be a compelling reason to leave it. Especially if you ride tar-n-chip roads or in the rain. But, I don't have a lowering kit. There are a few on this forum that have removed the guard to fit a 240 rear tire or install the 200 rear + ScootWorks front pulley combo - seemingly with no ill effect.

BTW- why lower an already low bike? Are you vertically challenged?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
BTW- why lower an already low bike? Are you vertically challenged?
1) Personal preference is what makes this diverse world such a great place.
2) Maybe it's to get rid of the dirt bike look of the 900 custom's rear fender?
3) Low looks MEAN if ya can get away with it... :D

·
Registered
358 Posts
1) Personal preference is what makes this diverse world such a great place.
2) Maybe it's to get rid of the dirt bike look of the 900 custom's rear fender?
3) Low looks MEAN if ya can get away with it... :D
1. Absolute agreement here.
2. I'm on a classic - didn't consider that. (I dig my over sized "tins".)
3. As you wrote in #1, personal preference. The bike may look mean, but I've got long legs, so sitting at a red light I would look like a shriner if my bike were lowered. All I would need is the fez. ;)

·
Registered
343 Posts
If you do take it off you should put the PC in the tool box spot. I put mine there any way ,I had it behind box, even with the guard the water still got to it & ruined it, was replaced under warranty. I friends bike we took the guard off, then put a piece of rubber that tucks on the fender then goes in front of that bar that the 200 tire can rub on. He don't ride in the rain but lives on a dirt road.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
1. Absolute agreement here.
2. I'm on a classic - didn't consider that. (I dig my over sized "tins".)
3. As you wrote in #1, personal preference. The bike may look mean, but I've got long legs, so sitting at a red light I would look like a shriner if my bike were lowered. All I would need is the fez. ;)
1) :D
2) Sometimes I envy that low hangin' rear "tin"...
3) DITTO! 6'3" and 250 lbs here, so can't afford to look any more "shrinerish" on mine either, thus it is NOT lowerd!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts