Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Interesting mix of gloss and matt. Looks good! I've got to find some of the spray so I can paint the front blinker stalk.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I like the looks of the EDELBROCK air cleaner. Looks Great!

·
Registered
636 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I brought the filter assembly with a blank backing plate and mucked about a lot making it suit the 1700. I basically cut the holes in the backing plate then re used the rubber ramflow tubes from the stock filter set up and sealed them into the new backing plate, A lot of pissing about but it does the job.
It makes heaps of noise compared to stock, a bit annoying actually. At full throttle all you can hear is induction roar, that part of the noise is awesome, much like an old 4 barrel carby at full throttle. Its load enough to drown out the pipe noise.
I'm thinking on changing it to a Tornado set up.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
Well, that answers one of my questions. I had wondered if the rubber flow tubes would dampen the noise. Since mounting my Tri-ovals though, I no longer notice the intake noise. It could be that I had already became used to it from the number of miles I drove hearing it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Durability

A friend of mine used it to black the chrome on his Yamaha Striker. It seems to be holding up fairly well. There were some instances where it came off easily because of sticking to chrome but other than that seems to do pretty good.
Interested to see how it does on your paint.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Looks great.

I would also like to know how you did those turn signals, where you got them and how you removed the stock ones.

I like the look

·
Registered
89 Posts
Great looking job. I did my bike too (posted in another thread) and it has held up great. the only thing I will warn you about is that you have to be incredibly careful when fuelling. just the usual spatter will leave marks (and I have also had two mishaps) I would also recommend buying the special cleaning cloth that dipyourcar.com sells, it has made cleaning a breeze. I pressure wash, use a foamy brush then wip everything with the cloth I(actually rubbery) and the best part is the cloth acts like a squeegee and leves the paint dry and steak free.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
ImageUploadedByMO Free1377835304.153395.jpg I did mine 8 months ago and about 2500 miles later. Mine seems to do well against pebbles and road grim and such. But the only down fall I have found is my paint hates gas. I use paper towels around the cap to help protect against splatter drops. And if you do get splatter, don't rub it. You will rub the paint. Both your bikes look great!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 22 Posts