Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm thinking about getting the basic model Pitbull motorcycle jack. It's a bit pricey but seems to have good reviews. Is there anyone that has had one that didn't like it or preferred a different brand for some reason? Other ideas? If it makes a difference, it will be used for a 2013 Vulcan 1700.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Probably a very good jack. I just have two scissor jacks that are about 8" wide. I just use two hard rubber pads on each side under the frame......cheap

·
Registered
547 Posts
For the price I would (did) add a few bucks and get a decent Scissor Lift. I have a Titan and love it. It holds my 09 Voyager with out even breathing hard.
I picked it up south of Indy (no shipping) and had less than $600 into it. I wish I would have bought one 25 years ago.

I would look for a used one before getting any type of jack...

gb

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For the price I would (did) add a few bucks and get a decent Scissor Lift. I have a Titan and love it. It holds my 09 Voyager with out even breathing hard.
I picked it up south of Indy (no shipping) and had less than $600 into it. I wish I would have bought one 25 years ago.

I would look for a used one before getting any type of jack...

gb
I'm sure I'd really like the Titan but the price of a 1,500 lb lift is at least $1,200.00. The price of the Pitbull is about $400.00. If you find one for close to $600 please post a link. I could swing that.

·
BOTM Winner, April 2013
701 Posts
I'm sure I'd really like the Titan but the price of a 1,500 lb lift is at least $1,200.00. The price of the Pitbull is about $400.00. If you find one for close to $600 please post a link. I could swing that.
Check out the Harbor Freight table lift. The home page has it on sale for $299.99. It is item #68892. I paid about $369 sever years ago. You will still need a scissors jack to lift a wheel or stabilize the bike, which costs about $89. If space is an issue, like it is for me, I just park my bike on it every day. I just got a block of wood the right height to rest the kickstand on. The lift is fantastic for so many things, from cleaning and detailing, to changing tires. Just removing and reinstalling the wheels yourself for tire changes will save you $50 to $100 per set, depending on the shop you go to. My table lift has more than paid for itself in tire changes, not to mention the savings of back and knee pain meds that would be needed after a thorough detailing while bent over on the ground. http://www.harborfreight.com/#
BY THE WAY, THIS SALE IS ONLY THRU MARCH 15TH, SO GET IT WHILE IT'S HOT!!

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Tstorey. I'll check it out. I assume you're happy with yours. Stability and durability good? I have a HF just a couple miles from the house.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tstorey, Looking at Harbor Freight's website, they only have a lift rated for 1000 lbs. Is that going to be enough for a 886 lb bike?

·
BOTM Winner, April 2013
701 Posts
Tstorey, Looking at Harbor Freight's website, they only have a lift rated for 1000 lbs. Is that going to be enough for a 886 lb bike?
Yes, I am very satisfied with this lift! It lifts my Vaquero with no problem at all. I'm sure that 1000 lbs rating is a conservative minimum. Just use the included bar to take the weight off the hydraulic jack if you have it lifted for extended periods, and you will have no problems with it.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After a lot of thought and looking, I bought the Pitbull Dyna Air jack. Finally tried it out today and it works great with the Voyager. No adapters needed. The air makes it nice not to have to use the manual hydraulic jack. Very satisfied. I would have loved to have a quality table lift but there were a few issues for me. One was the weight, very heavy, cost was pretty high with shipping and I didn't have a enough room for it. Two car garage has a boat on one side and the wife's car on the other, along with a golf cart and the Voyager wedged in.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a craftsman motorcycle jack rated at 1500 lbs. I slide it under the bike push down once to stand the bike up off the kickstand and once more to lift it off the tires. I then spin the bike around and have it pointed at the door ready to ride out again. my building is 12x24

go to Sears.com and search on Craftsman Professional 1500 lb. Motorcycle/ATV Jack its on sale for 179.00

1 - 10 of 10 Posts