Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys just need to know if this is common. As stated in another post my 2 into 1 pipes are turning where the two come together into the one. However less than 300 miles and my mounting brackets and bolts are a very dingy yellow along with where the pipe meets the motor, is this common or do I have a problem? Yes these are chrome pipes. And up by the motor it is the pipe itself and not the shield. Unfortunately on my pipes the shield does not come all the way up. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
698 Posts
It's caused by exhaust gasses - hence it's at the joins. Nothing to worry about unless you want pristine chrome. You can get chrome cleaner that might get it out, If they turn blue then that's through heat & is irreversible.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
It's caused by exhaust gasses - hence it's at the joins. Nothing to worry about unless you want pristine chrome. You can get chrome cleaner that might get it out, If they turn blue then that's through heat & is irreversible.
I agree, but it may be worth more research. Turning blue in this area is VERY common with chrome. I think the heat shields also act as a way for the chrome to stay pretty.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Happened to me too but on the pipe itself not the shield tho

1 - 4 of 4 Posts