Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been listening to all different pipes on youtube and reading reviews. For every review I find saying one thing, there is another stating the opposite. So I am looking for some clarification, hopefully through this forum. I am looking for some aftermarket pipes to make my bike look sleeker and sound much meatier than debaffled stock exhaust. The most affordable pipes I have found have been Road Burner RB-01-8020. Does anyone have feedback on them? If so will I need a fuel processor? I have heard both sides that it is necessary and that it is not necessary. Please help a brother out, the riding season is around the corner and I would like to get my pipes in and set for the start!!!!

·
Registered
702 Posts
I have been listening to all different pipes on youtube and reading reviews. For every review I find saying one thing, there is another stating the opposite. So I am looking for some clarification, hopefully through this forum. I am looking for some aftermarket pipes to make my bike look sleeker and sound much meatier than debaffled stock exhaust. The most affordable pipes I have found have been Road Burner RB-01-8020. Does anyone have feedback on them? If so will I need a fuel processor? I have heard both sides that it is necessary and that it is not necessary. Please help a brother out, the riding season is around the corner and I would like to get my pipes in and set for the start!!!!
I'm kind of in the same boat. I'd like to get a little more sound but a little hesitant with a new bike still under warranty. Im afraid to do anything that might void it. It appears that with the addition of nicer pipes you need to change air intake and fuel processer etc and im not sure which direction to go.

·
Registered
851 Posts
A friend has a set of Road Burners on his 09 custom he got off ebay for about $325, I was impressed on the quality and sound of these pipes for the cost. If your looking to save cost, I don't think your gonna find new pipes any cheaper than these. I don't think you'll reget buying these pipes if you do. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks DieHard, I am getting pretty itchy to pull the trigger and just may. Was the sound of the RoadBurners better than that of debaffled stock? Did the pipes have a nice appearance?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have Vance and Hines slash cut staggereds... They sound great and they're not that expensive. I have a video on YouTube you could check for the sound.

Check out this video on YouTube:

This was taken last year. Before I did any mods to it. But the exhaust is on there.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
851 Posts
Thanks DieHard, I am getting pretty itchy to pull the trigger and just may. Was the sound of the RoadBurners better than that of debaffled stock? Did the pipes have a nice appearance?
Everyones different but my opinion I didn't care for the debaffled pipes so to me yes the RoadBurners sounded better.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I have a Britt motorsports exhaust forsale if anyone is interested. They are all chrome and brand new, never installed. There is a YouTube clip of the same exhaust if you want to hear what they sound like. I will sell them fairly cheap , send me a PM if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi I went through this about 7 months ago. I did not go with road runner, but whet with hard and krome. Here's a video of the new pipes. As for the fuel processor, you might think about not getting it. The fuel processor will stop the popping, but even your stock pipes pop. I've been able to reduce the popping by learning how to back off the throttle and get no pop.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hi I went through this about 7 months ago. I did not go with road runner, but whet with hard and krome. Here's a video of the new pipes. As for the fuel processor, you might think about not getting it. The fuel processor will stop the popping, but even your stock pipes pop. I've been able to reduce the popping by learning how to back off the throttle and get no pop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvBMUTRoYtk
Those sound great! I like the looks too.

·
Banned
593 Posts
Those pipes look and sound great, Player!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Night. I was going to hold off on the fuel processor until I saw how whatever exhaust I chose was running. One thing that has been pretty universal is that the fuel processor and air intake may not always be necessary.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Here's my 2cents from experience.
Where do you leave your bike?
This helps a lot because I parked mine across from my apt and some drunk asshole knocked it over. Good thing it was the shitty stock pipes. So then I kept it in a lot buy a wall. Good thing cause we had some hurricane winds and the wall stopped it from tipping over. So if you are like me go w what ever is cheap and looks good or is on sale. If you have a garage buy the best!!!

Sent by Lordz of Fire!

·
Banned
593 Posts
Here's my 2cents from experience.
Where do you leave your bike?
This helps a lot because I parked mine across from my apt and some drunk asshole knocked it over. Good thing it was the shitty stock pipes. So then I kept it in a lot buy a wall. Good thing cause we had some hurricane winds and the wall stopped it from tipping over. So if you are like me go w what ever is cheap and looks good or is on sale. If you have a garage buy the best!!!

Sent by Lordz of Fire!
Or, get what you want and keep insurance. ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been very happy with my cobra swept exhaust. I think its the nicest looking pipes out there and makes it sound like a monster.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have the Hard Chrome Exhaust on my 06 classic and am very happy with the sound of them,especially when I get on it! One guy on here had them put on and the mechanic said that it was the loudest exhaust he's heard on the 9's. It's loud,but not obnoxiously so, and has a great rumble as far as I'm concerned,glad I got them!

·
Registered
45 Posts
For the money, you`ll be hard pressed to beat the looks and sound of the V&H slash cut staggereds. I ride with quite a few Harleys, and though my 9 doesn`t sound like theirs, they all say they love the way mine sounds.....sounds like a well tuned race car car when you shovel some coals into it. Had mine for 2 yrs and love them.....just sayin!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thanks Night. I was going to hold off on the fuel processor until I saw how whatever exhaust I chose was running. One thing that has been pretty universal is that the fuel processor and air intake may not always be necessary.

I kept going over this in my head when I was ready to buy my pipes. My friend at the Kawai service center said not to spend the money up front unless I felt I needed it. And he was right I did not need it. I feel I get more HP then my stocks and I love the sound. nice and throaty ... just what I was looking for.

·
Registered
430 Posts
For the money, you`ll be hard pressed to beat the looks and sound of the V&H slash cut staggereds. I ride with quite a few Harleys, and though my 9 doesn`t sound like theirs, they all say they love the way mine sounds.....sounds like a well tuned race car car when you shovel some coals into it. Had mine for 2 yrs and love them.....just sayin!
I love the way my VnH staggereds sound. Not too loud but nice and throaty enough to notice.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts