Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2016 voyager ready to start the moding process. Looking at possibly vance an hines slash cuts but every place I check says not available for 2016. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
105 Posts
That's because V & H hasn't fitted a bung for the 02 Sensor that Kawi added in 2015. If you get the ECU flashed the 02 Sensor is eliminated or else you'really basically stick with Cobra.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply may have to check out having the reflash done. If I do will the pipes for any year 1700 voyager then fit

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Thank you for the reply may have to check out having the reflash done. If I do will the pipes for any year 1700 voyager then fit
2015 has 02 sensor as well and after ECU flash the V&H slash cuts work fine. Just unplug 02 sensor behind right side cover.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the info going to git the first service done this week then it sounds like make arrangements to git flash done an order some pipes. Ready to see the bike run like it is meant to

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update got the call from Ivan ecu will be back home Friday same day my new vance an hines are supposed to arrive. Thanks for the help an info guys

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Missourian. How did your mods (reflash and pipes) go? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on my 2015 VV, pipes and reflash. I hear nothing but good on the forum... Would love to hear your story as well! Cheers

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Couldn't be happier Ivan flash is awsome an the pipes after about 1000 mile trip sound great.you will not be disappointed

·
Registered
78 Posts
How loud do you find the V & H? Can you still hear the stereo easily? Thanks in advance.
yes you can, to me the stock stereo sucks. the radio at 15-17 on the highway @ 80 can be heard but not clearly. I'm also running the stock windscreen, I've read that a taller shield helps hearing the radio at highway speeds.

·
Registered
105 Posts
yes you can, to me the stock stereo sucks. the radio at 15-17 on the highway @ 80 can be heard but not clearly. I'm also running the stock windscreen, I've read that a taller shield helps hearing the radio at highway speeds.
I had the 4" Cobras but didn't like them or their sound and found it pretty loud. I know V & H are supposed to be louder but gonna try them after I debaffle the stockers.

·
Registered
547 Posts
The best thing you can do for the radio is add an amp and upgrade speakers. With or without pipes it washes out at anything over 70mph. Lots of threads on it and not all that hard to do.

I went with a clarion and 4 new pioneers. I can't go over 10 on volume control. I can easily hear it over the V&Hs.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The best thing you can do for the radio is add an amp and upgrade speakers. With or without pipes it washes out at anything over 70mph. Lots of threads on it and not all that hard to do.

I went with a clarion and 4 new pioneers. I can't go over 10 on volume control. I can easily hear it over the V&Hs.
I actually think the radio with the rear speakers sound pretty good although I listen to my iPod 95% of the time. But you're right about going over 70 MPH,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts