Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to put some vance and hines pipes and the cobra fi2000R powerpro on my bike and probably the Big Air kit in the future. Will these keep me from getting an inspection sticker? I live in New Hampshire and the law is 106dB for the pipes. I see Harleys riding around that I'm sure are louder than our 900's, but I want to make sure. Also, will the fi2000R powerpro effect emissions so my bike doesn't pass? Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I'm a fairly new 900 owner. Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Most states do not do emission checks on bikes that I'm aware off. The noise factor is a different thing altogether. I would suspect that the power pro is a "tighter" unit than the stocker and you shouldn't have an issue.

Where i live, the only time a bike has to be reinspected is when its re sold, and that is done by a non governmental mechanic (dealer) to make sure it complies safety / mechanical wise. IE lights, reflectors, oil leaks , brakes, tires etc.

You could make a visit to your local motor vehicals department.

The yearly registration is just a paper push, no bike needed. But all states are different.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In NH you must get inspection every year. This is why I need to know if these mods will affect it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts