Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 97 vn750, 24k miles and i want to put some pipes on it

i like the VANCE HINES CRUZERS

basically i want a set that is complete pipes and not slip ons (like the look of the cobra slash cuts but they are slipons right)

my other question is will it require rejetting of the carbs to install the pipes or will it run ok still?

i dont care if they blue because i will be wrapping them up

thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
I put the cruzers on my 04 and loved them...but ya gotta do 3 things otherwise it'll backfire like crazy....coaster or marble, new crush gaskets, and turn out your air/fuel screws. No rejetting required unless you do an ear shave too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i understand new crush gaskets but whats coaster/marble or an ear shave lol?

edit, upon looking into it i cant find a definite answer but im guess marble/coaster has to do with the pair valve is what ive heard them called or reed valve maybe is better know here...

and ear shave is the air filters boxes replaced with pod filters?
i plan to keep them since i ride in the rain often

i made blockoff plates for the pair on my vtx1300 for it, i imagine i can do the same for this

·
Registered
142 Posts
Coasters (or blockoff plates) work the best, and an ear shave just causes problems.
The biggest thing is turning the a/f mixture screws out to around 2 1/2 turns from seat, otherwise the bike will run lean.
The screws are capped off, so you'll need to drill out the caps to get to the screws.
Be very careful not to drill to far in or miss the cap and drill the carb. I wish I had a picture to show you where to drill, but I just sold my 750.
I found out how to do this on the VN750 forum (that's the name of the site; VN750.com or something like that). Someone on there had some pics.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks ill see what i can find over there,

and so sad the register function is messed up and no way to contact the forum admin about it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts