Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all... First post here so forgive me if I **ck anything up.. I have had my Vaquero for a couple years '16 model. I ordered Freedom Black Duals yesterday with a Power Commander V, and an amp with new speakers. Anyone covered this already, what am I looking at for MPG and or performance gains? Other things I added are highway pegs, taller windscreen, passenger floor boards, mustang 2-up seat. I've been very happy with the bike. With the lack of dual black exhaust my options were limited to just this..

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hello all... First post here so forgive me if I **ck anything up.. I have had my Vaquero for a couple years '16 model. I ordered Freedom Black Duals yesterday with a Power Commander V, and an amp with new speakers. Anyone covered this already, what am I looking at for MPG and or performance gains? Other things I added are highway pegs, taller windscreen, passenger floor boards, mustang 2-up seat. I've been very happy with the bike. With the lack of dual black exhaust my options were limited to just this..
instead of power commander, i would get Ivan's ECU Flash

·
Registered
179 Posts
+1 On Ivanizing

·
Registered
657 Posts
Does Ivan have an ECU flash for my pipe setup? If so where do I find said information and download it..
You pull the ECU out of your bike, fill in a form, and ship them both off to Ivan. $350 for the first re-flash, future updates are free. I was an early adopter, and have sent my ECU back twice for updates. I think Ivan has it pretty much dialed in perfectly now, so I don't anticipate there being any more.

Ivan's Performance Products

We all used to use fuel controllers, but the re-flash is better... Much, much better.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
...what am I looking at for MPG and or performance gains? ...
Depends a lot on what you/someone does with the map.

Personally, I hardly drive my bike the same way at any given time and considering wind, no wind, passenger, no passenger, etc. I'd be hard pressed to say how much if any my mileage has changed (presently PCIII, but have PCV w/AutoTune to replace PCIII).

Louder pipes will inherently reduce you fuel economy regardless of anything else. LOL.

·
Registered
154 Posts
After monitoring several Voyager/Vaquero sites for a few years now, the folks that had Power Commanders and removed them for Ivanizing had a hard time giving them away (let alone selling them) after their ECU was reflashed. I Ivanized my 2016 2000 miles after I bought it.....it will be the best single upgrade I will ever do.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have the Cobra slip ons with Chuckster's Ultimate baffles installed in them, did the Chuckster's Big air kit also. With Ivan's flash I am getting much better mileage and TONS more power! 2012 Nomad.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
After monitoring several Voyager/Vaquero sites for a few years now, the folks that had Power Commanders and removed them for Ivanizing had a hard time giving them away (let alone selling them) after their ECU was reflashed. I Ivanized my 2016 2000 miles after I bought it.....it will be the best single upgrade I will ever do.
It's not surprising, really. Years developing a flash vs. a universal box left largely to the guises of whoever installs it to make some sort of suitable map.

It would be interesting to see an Ivan tune in comparison to a PC setup with as much time and effort put into it. It's certainly possible Ivan's would still be better in all-around drivability improvements just by nature of probably having access to more parameters and or points in the ECM than in a universal box, so to speak.

Looking at the description I'd say the biggest factor to Ivanize is overall drivability improvements. Similar raw power alone probably could be had with a PC.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Freedom Duals

I saw a long write up on here about the length of these exhausts, and the differing length between the front and rear cylinders being hard to tune.
I see they now have a "combat" two into one, has anyone tried a two into one setup on a Vaquero?
I know it will leave open space under the left bag, but if I ever get a chance to run it on a Nascar track that could help?:smile2:
Does the two into one setup make it easier to tune to this bike?
AND, how does it sound? the Freedom true duals sound very nice on youtube, but can't find the 2-1's.

·
Registered
8 Posts
PCV Map

I’ve got a 2011 Vaquero with cobra tri-oval slip ons, Alley Cat air filter and a Power Commander V fuel management module. Does anyone have a PCV map that works well with this config? If so, I’d love a copy.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I’ve got a 2011 Vaquero with cobra tri-oval slip ons, Alley Cat air filter and a Power Commander V fuel management module. Does anyone have a PCV map that works well with this config? If so, I’d love a copy.
Search the forum for Power Commander V Maps. One of the threads, started by David Sheek, will carry that same name. Read it, and send David a PM. He no longer has his 1700 (it was totaled), but he'll still help you out.

Less and less 1700 riders use fuel tuners... Ivan offers a much, much better option.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts