Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to get the Vaquero pinstriped the end of the month. Any one have that done on their bike? Id like to get some Ideas.

·
Registered
894 Posts
element80 did a great job on the stripes of his Vaq . . . look him up . . .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Usually the pinstriping "ideas" are left to the artist for control of creativity aside from what colors you like. Other then that it should be something meaningful to you (like a tattoo would be).

·
Registered
507 Posts
Usually the pinstriping "ideas" are left to the artist for control of creativity aside from what colors you like. Other then that it should be something meaningful to you (like a tattoo would be).
+1! Give the "artist"some direction, but turn over all creative control. He/she will create a 1 of a kind amazing work of art on your bike!

I absolutely love pinstriping and am thinking about doing the same on mine one day.

Post lots of pics when you get it done!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what im going to do. He shot me a few ideas while looking at the bike, but i told him to just have at it. He showed me some of the stuff he was working, unbelievable!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Definitely post pics : ). I am getting into striping and have worked with gold leaf. Once I can afford material I will be buying tins ,doing artwork and selling them between the forums and eBay.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My last dragbike was stiped in between colors with 14c gold leaf and gold glitter throughout the colors. That gut did it just for a hobby and the challenge.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's a lost artform taking over by computers and vinyl. I pinstriped a guys ride once, he liked the design but was mad because it wasn't perfectly symmetrical. I said c'mon its done by hand, nothing is "perfect" and if he wanted "perfect" he should go buy a sticker!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts