Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
So i took couple pictures over the weekend of my Vulcan... I just received Avon 230 tire today waiting for lowering links and front overdrive pulley I want to install it all at once.

Mods I already installed;

New grips
Power Commander
Hypercharger
Dragster pipes

Pipes, power commander and hypercharger made a huge difference in acceleration especially on top end … much easier to get up it up to 80+ … sounds great

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
61caddy, If I'm not mistaken I dont think you can run a 230 tire and the front pulley. Can someone back me up on this?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
61caddy, If I'm not mistaken I dont think you can run a 230 tire and the front pulley. Can someone back me up on this?

oh... thanks for the heads up I will ask around today maybe I still have time to cancel my pulley order. I only got the front I think I saw someone that had it but maybe he had a stock tire not sure

·
Registered
208 Posts
61Caddy, I answered your question in the 230 club thread. But the short answer is no, you can not do both. Traumahawk was correct. Now I think you can do the 230 with the front pully but you also have to change the rear pully. But thats alot of work for a maybe.

Your bike is looking pretty good. Are you going to powder coat your pipes or leave them chrome?

·
Registered
16 Posts
61 caddy,

I have the 2011 Vulcan 900 SE as well. Lookin to add the 230/60X15, but was told I wold need a different swingarm. I already ave the lowering kit installed. Besides maybe trimming the gaurd, what else is needed?

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
61 caddy,

I have the 2011 Vulcan 900 SE as well. Lookin to add the 230/60X15, but was told I wold need a different swingarm. I already ave the lowering kit installed. Besides maybe trimming the gaurd, what else is needed?
Here is a link to a complete step by step walk thru process with pictures, it does not get any more simple or better than this.

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15233

Compliments of Gillisfire, and what a great "how to " it is.

now, if we only had one for the search mode ... LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts