Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I like the passenger floorboards, are they Kawi OEM or aftermarket? I found a pair of aftermarket boards but they wanted approx 240.00 for them. I thought that was too pricey for the boards, even though my wife would enjoy them.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The passenger floor boards are Kawi oem, match the front perfectly. They were 225.00 after much haggling, the stealership...er, dealership wanted 400.00. My wife was TOTALLY behind my purchase. The one caveat was.....replace those footpegs. lol. Thanks for the various compliments on the color. It was a big decision. One has to live with his or her color choice for a LONGGGGG time. The bike draws a crowd everywhere I go, and the talking point is always the unusual color. No-one has seen the 900 in pearl white/titanium before.

·
Registered
441 Posts
The passenger floor boards are Kawi oem, match the front perfectly. They were 225.00 after much haggling, the stealership...er, dealership wanted 400.00. My wife was TOTALLY behind my purchase. The one caveat was.....replace those footpegs. lol. Thanks for the various compliments on the color. It was a big decision. One has to live with his or her color choice for a LONGGGGG time. The bike draws a crowd everywhere I go, and the talking point is always the unusual color. No-one has seen the 900 in pearl white/titanium before.
The 1st scratch put into my bike the 1st day was when my sweet daughter sat on the back of my LT (pegs down) and still rested her foot on the pipe. My floorboards and rear rack had not come in yet. Oh BTW if you are interested in a rear rack check eBay there is a guy who sells OEM racks with minor imperfections for about $85.

I have a light bar coming for mine :) too

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm ordering a set of Cobra passenger boards for my LT. Will those bolt right on or will I need any additional hardware? Wife insists on replacing the pegs.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ya, she's a beauty. Its like looking in a mirror almost. My 08 LT same two-tone with colors reversed (see avatar). I like to call mine rare also. At least there aren't many of that color scheme posted in the various photo gallerys. Many red/black and blue/black though.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya, she's a beauty. Its like looking in a mirror almost. My 08 LT same two-tone with colors reversed (see avatar). I like to call mine rare also. At least there aren't many of that color scheme posted in the various photo gallerys. Many red/black and blue/black though.
Can you post some pics? I'd like to see the colors in reverse. I think these colors must give the illution our bikes are bigger, everyone thinks it's a 1500, even the guys that own 900's. I was out for coffee tonight, and a guy hauled over in his car and asked me if it was a 2000.........he was absolutely astonished when I told him it was a 900. This is starting to freak me out.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 1st scratch put into my bike the 1st day was when my sweet daughter sat on the back of my LT (pegs down) and still rested her foot on the pipe. My floorboards and rear rack had not come in yet. Oh BTW if you are interested in a rear rack check eBay there is a guy who sells OEM racks with minor imperfections for about $85.

I have a light bar coming for mine :) too
Thanks for the tips Cruiser! I'll take a look as I absolutely want a rack. Seems like an extraordinary price.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm ordering a set of Cobra passenger boards for my LT. Will those bolt right on or will I need any additional hardware? Wife insists on replacing the pegs.
I have no idea!

·
Registered
346 Posts
I like the passenger floorboards, are they Kawi OEM or aftermarket? I found a pair of aftermarket boards but they wanted approx 240.00 for them. I thought that was too pricey for the boards, even though my wife would enjoy them.
Jimkat, those are OEM Kawi boards. They are $299 MSRP.

I was amazed at what floorboards cost. You can find the Cobra ones for $249 most places, but on ebay for $200 if you shop around.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have no idea!
My wife bought them for me for my birthday/fathers day. I jusr took delivery Saturday, and yesterday we has a father's day BBQ. I'm putting my boards on tonight, so I'll let you know later.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My wife bought them for me for my birthday/fathers day. I jusr took delivery Saturday, and yesterday we has a father's day BBQ. I'm putting my boards on tonight, so I'll let you know later.
Cool Cycledude!...The wife...ahem...bought some for me too (grins). Here in Canada, the oem retail for 400.00. Crazy. I ended up paying 225.00. They ARE worth every penny though. Thanks for the compliment on my bike.
Regards, Silent.

·
Registered
346 Posts
OK, so I ran home at lunch break and put them on. The Cobra bvoards just go right on. No Spacers, no drama, no nothing. At best, it's a 10 minute job. Gotta love it...

Pics later tonight.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Silenthill:

Here's My reverse color scheme to yours
Omg, That's crazy, an exact reverse image, lol. Thanks for the pic-nice bike.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts