Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am looking for pics of highway pegs mounted to the frame on a vulcan 900 custom. I am trying to figure out how I can mount some to the frame. When looking at the frame on the right side of the bike above the brake booster, the frame looks like it is bolted together their. Will that cause an issue of mounting a highway peg their? Or do I have to do a engine crash bar to put on highway pegs for my vn900 custom?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Heres a link of a video of a custom with Kuryakyn Swingwing pegs. Very nice looking peg but not cheap, but cheaper than it would cost you for crash bars and a nice set of pegs.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Frame mounted pegs (if at all possible) IMHO would result in hot legs and scorched jeans and a leg rub on the air cleaner ... other than the swing wings, the only others that i have seem are crash bar mounted.

Personally, i think they look kinda weird and much prefer the "Lindy bar" look if any.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Frame mounted pegs (if at all possible) IMHO would result in hot legs and scorched jeans and a leg rub on the air cleaner ... other than the swing wings, the only others that i have seem are crash bar mounted.

Personally, i think they look kinda weird and much prefer the "Lindy bar" look if any.
what are swing wings?

I already know about hot legs.... with the pipes I put on my bike I have now caught 2 pairs on fire from the pipes. that was when I was cruising down the highway with my feet kicked out on top of the controlls.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
There what is in the video

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just looked up the swingwings and I kinda like them. But you have to lock and unlock them to move them. You can't do it on the fly.

I'm looking at doing the long horn mount to the fram. seems like I could kick my legs out far enough.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Rivco also makes frame mounted pegs.

Kuryakn has a floorboard adapter for the stock 900 floorboard. It accepts any Kuryakn male mount pegs.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
what are swing wings?

I already know about hot legs.... with the pipes I put on my bike I have now caught 2 pairs on fire from the pipes. that was when I was cruising down the highway with my feet kicked out on top of the controlls.
Go to the Kuryakyn website ( www.kurkyakyn.com ). You will find that Kury sells chrome accessories of every imaginable type for nearly every bike out there, especially tourers, cruisers, HD's, Gold Wings, etc. They have a ton of different footpegs, highway pegs and floorboards. You name it, they've got it. Not cheap, but they've got it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts