Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has the Cobra Swept exhaust on a classic, I would appreciate any pics. I have a custom, but with a classic rear fender so I'm just wondering what those pipes look like with that rear end. I've only seen them on a custom so far. Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
flywithlloyd, thanks for your help. I think these pipes look pretty sick. How loud would you rate them? In NH the law is 106dB and we have to get inspection every year, so I'm hoping they won't affect that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here some pics of different angles of my 08 classic with the cobra swept. I really like the way they look and especially the way they sound. You just need to be careful with your saddle bags were the pipe sweeps up a bit towards the back. I got rid of the bags you see in thes pics because they would slightly rub on the pipe. I baught the bike used and the saddle bags came on it. So I got some new saddleman saddlebags almost exactly like flywithlloyd.

·
Banned
593 Posts
Hey, no problem, man! I'm not very good with the noise level, but I'm gonna say much louder than stock, but not quite as loud as the Dragsters on my Custom! Hehehe!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx guys for the pics. I'm torn between these and the V&H slashcuts. The swepts just look so sick, but are also much more $. I wish I could compare how loud both were, you cant really tell on the computer. I want to sound better than these pathetic stock pipes, but dont wanna piss off the neighbors either.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
I have them on my 900 custom and really like them.. They don't sound to be bad to me when riding but all my friends say they sound better then a Harley. If I could figure out to post a pic I would show thwart to you.

·
Banned
593 Posts
I want to sound better than these pathetic stock pipes, but dont wanna piss off the neighbors either.
Well, they're certainly loud. If your neighbors are old and boring, they might not like it. But, I have a neighbor with a big truck and small kids that make noise. So, it's not in his best interest to complain, or I'd start complaining about that. LOL!

t's not that bad, though.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hi guys --
The Cobra swept looks great and from what I'v been reading they sound nice too. Being a newbie I was wondering what all is involved in changing them out. My bike is brand new, what has to happen as far as engine modifications, if any, and could a knucklehead like me with limited mechanicals skills complete the task? Just curious...

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Hi guys --
The Cobra swept looks great and from what I'v been reading they sound nice too. Being a newbie I was wondering what all is involved in changing them out. My bike is brand new, what has to happen as far as engine modifications, if any, and could a knucklehead like me with limited mechanicals skills complete the task? Just curious...
Changing the exhaust isn't hard. If you have some basic metric tools you can do it. There are some videos on youtube showing you how to do it, including a CruiserCustomizing video installing the Swepts on a green Custom, and I started a thread over the summer with step by step pictures from when I changed my exhaust.
If you want to just change the exhaust you can do that, but if you change the exhaust and the intake, you will probably need to add a fuel processor.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Changing the exhaust isn't hard. If you have some basic metric tools you can do it. There are some videos on youtube showing you how to do it, including a CruiserCustomizing video installing the Swepts on a green Custom, and I started a thread over the summer with step by step pictures from when I changed my exhaust.
If you want to just change the exhaust you can do that, but if you change the exhaust and the intake, you will probably need to add a fuel processor.
Thanks....another question, is it worth it to only change exhaust and not intake etc? Does the intake replacement make a big difference as far as power and performance?

·
Banned
593 Posts
Hi guys --
Here are the exact instructions!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts