Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just got my 07 Custom on Monday and am about ready to start customizing. First thing I am going to get is a new filter. Trying to decide between the Arlen Ness and the BAK. I've seen lots of BAKs, anyone got a picture of a custom with a dog dish or alen ness big sucker kit? Also thinking of getting some bags for the bike, but not sure how it would look either. So if you got pics of your Custom with saddle bags, i would love to see them. I will probably go with bike specific bags, but throwover pics might help as well. Thanks!

ED7

·
Registered
256 Posts
Ed7, there might be some good pics in the sticky above that says "Vulcan 900pics".

·
Registered
65 Posts
Throw Over Bags

Check my picture link in my Signature for the bags on my 900 Custom.
I love em.

·
Registered
263 Posts
900 Custom with Willie and Max. Love the bags and the easy mounting, hate the saggy top.

Attachments

·
Registered
782 Posts
900 Custom with Willie and Max. Love the bags and the easy mounting, hate the saggy top.
I have the same bags, but mine don't sag that much. Kinda wierd. Could you glue some velcro patches under the flap and then velcro in some type of stay to hold them up? Or maybe just glue the stay in place? It would need to be curved or flexible so that you could shape it? Just winging off an idea there. Haven't really spent any time thinking it through. Sorry if it seems silly.

·
Registered
533 Posts
JMO of course, but I've seen photos of the Ness intake on a Custom and it didn't do a lot for me. On that style of bike, I think something from Thunder or Baron or perhaps one of the new S&S intakes would look better. I have a Ness, but it's on an LT.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I really like the way the Baron's look, but also like the throwback dog bowl style, but I think you are right that the ness don't compliment the bike the way the BAK does...

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have the same bags, but mine don't sag that much. Kinda wierd. Could you glue some velcro patches under the flap and then velcro in some type of stay to hold them up? Or maybe just glue the stay in place? It would need to be curved or flexible so that you could shape it? Just winging off an idea there. Haven't really spent any time thinking it through. Sorry if it seems silly.
JP Cycles has a metal lid reinforcement, but I do not think it will fit this style bag. It levels out nice when fully stuffed. I would like to do something. W&M knows there is a problem, but do not know what to do for it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The black pinstrip looks like it was made for the SE. I may look closer at those when I decide to upgrade.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts