Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up my 900 Classic this morning, rode it home, about 75 miles, on the super slab. I love it! Compared to my Honda Rebel the 900 is a luxury bike! Seems to get pretty good gas mileage to seems like i used just over 1/4 of a tank on the trip home. gives a nice ride in the 75 to 80 mph range, not like my Rebel that was at the end of its strings at 75 mph.

A couple of questions about accessories. What's a good smart phone mount for the handlebars? I know Ram mounts are pretty good, are there other brands out there that are as good or better?
How about waterproof cover for the 900, I've been looking on amazon and see the Dowco covers that seem have good customer reviews. I don't have a garage so I need a good cover to protect my bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
Congrats on the getting the nice looking bike. I have a tourmaster cover for my 900. Cost $77 at Revzilla. They said it was designed for outdoor use, but the elastic at the bottom failed after the first year. I keep the bike in the garage covered with that cover, but I would never trust that cover storing the bike outside. I don't think they make that cover anymore (actually they do still make this cover). Buyer beware, you need to read reviews and hear from others before you choose a cover.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm fortunate in that I have a garage, but if I didn't I would be looking at those little pop-up motorcycle covers that go over the bike, not on it. But spend the money and get one that secures to the ground in some manner so wind isn't a problem.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
I think I bout this one on Amazon. It comes in two pieces. A little pricy but it sure holds the phone real good.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
I also use the Ram mount and it works well. As for covers, I have found that they are only good for 1 MAYBE 2 years no matter how much I've spent. So, I go cheap now and pick up the large at Cycle Gear.

·
2,854 Posts
Do you have a link? Or know what kind it is, who makes it?
Kuryakyn 1693 motorcycle handle bar mount

Kuryakyn 1680 Premium XL handle bar accessory mount

Like I said they are a little pricey but I can tighten it down and I don't loose a 600.00 dollar phone.

·
2,854 Posts
You talkin to me???

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Ram mounts are the gold standard in my opinion. I have used them forever, on all my vehicles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congratulations nice ride. I have an iPhone X max so it’s already water proof. That being said, I use quad lock, it’s less expansive than ram mounts and holds better in my opinion. I have had ram mounts before so I can compare. I was very skeptical about quadlock but it has very much proven itself. I have it on my handlebars at about a 45 degree angle with no windshield and had my bike up to 85. Phone never moved! Read the reviews and you’ll be convinced as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sweet bike.

The phone mount I use is one from Ciro 3d. I got the more expensive one with the charge port built right into it. The grip to the phone is adjustable quite a bit and the thing holds TIGHT. Haven't seen the phone move or the mount shift since I put it on.

Don't mind the speakers. I'm taking those off soon, they came with the bike.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts