Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tire trouble. I picked up a screw in parry sound ontario. In the middle of no where. I am also a new rider, do I have to remove the tire and of so how? I have saddle bags do I have to remove it all?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App[/color

·
Registered
126 Posts
if you have spokes, you have tubes. That will need to be removed to repair or replace the tube. The tire probably says "Tubeless" but there's s still a tube in there if you have spokes.
If they're truly tubeless, you can try a plug while still mounted on the bike.

"how" is going to need a lot more information for anybody to help you, starting with what kind of bike you have. You mention removing bags so I suppose we're discussing a rear, and yes, you'll probably need those out of the way to get the wheel off. The basics will involve getting the tire off the ground somehow, wood is usually good piled under the frame. There's an axle through the center of the wheel that has to be removed, with a nut on the end and probably some spacers on each side of the wheel that will need to be put back in the right place on re installation. Maybe a cotter pin holding the nut in place. The chain or drive mechanism and brake may need special handling, once we learn what you have.
All of this should be in your manual.

·
Registered
445 Posts
+1 to what Idahoser said. YouTube can be very helpful if you lookup you model bike. I found one for the 800 when I needed to and it worked out great. BTW. You will have a 21 or 22 mm nut to remove, if you have brake shoes you'll want to raise and suspend the brake rod before installing the wheel good luck post back if you have questions.

Ron m

1 - 4 of 4 Posts