Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my first road bike tonight! Went with the 900 Classic LT. It's a 2010 with 6,000 miles on it, fantastic condition, power outlet and highway bars....$4,580 out the door! From what I've seen on CycleTrader, I believe I got a killer deal! I did buy the 2 year warranty and lifetime battery replacement warranty too, not figured into the above price.

Drove her over an hour home on the highway, which wasn't ideal, but it went fine for my first road experience. I did take the safety course and road dirt bikes when I was like 12, 20 years ago, so wasn't totally new out of the gate.

Her name is Spockette....yeah, nerdy. But come on, it's a Vulcan!

Attachments

·
END OF YEAR BIKE 2018 Winner
862 Posts
Nice ride! Welcome to the forum.

Still plenty of season left to enjoy that beast. Actually I think "Spockette" is a great name for your bike. I named my Classic LT "Buffy".

·
Registered
99 Posts
Good deal for the bike. Looks like you got a few extra upgrades too.

I wish mine was that color. That color combo is awesome.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congrats. Great looking ride!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I picked my 2009 LT up at the end of May with 3773 miles on it......tonight it turned over to 7773. I don't get it because I really haven't been anywhere!:surprise:

·
Registered
95 Posts
wow. do you ride it to work?

Nope......I'm 69 years old and just ride for PLEASURE every day I can to make up for lost time!

Yesterday afternoon was a perfect 82 degree day with no wind, so I got in a nice 142 mile ride along the Missouri River......now there are just over 8000 miles on the odometer. Best toy I ever bought, by far. I find myself smiling more these days, too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
507 Posts
Nope......I'm 69 years old and just ride for PLEASURE every day I can to make up for lost time!

Yesterday afternoon was a perfect 82 degree day with no wind, so I got in a nice 142 mile ride along the Missouri River......now there are just over 8000 miles on the odometer. Best toy I ever bought, by far. I find myself smiling more these days, too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
One of the authors I work with gave me a great phrase for time spent on a motorcycle; wind therapy. :smile2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts