Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will the PIAA Slim Line 76501 500 HZ Horn fit on my '05 800 stock bracket?, does anyone have this slim line one installed?
info says horn is 112 db 2.7 amps, maybe the slim line is louder than my beep beep stock horn. christmas present for myself.

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
From the drawings on the PIAA web site, it looks like it uses the stock mount, but you might want to contact them to be sure. Since it pulls even few amps than the stock horn (2.7 amps vs. 3 amps for stock horns) it doesn't need a relay and heavier wires, so it probably does. My only concern would be fender clearance. It's not huge, but it is bigger than the stock horn. If you bottomed out the front forks, would the fender hit it?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
my uneducated guess is yes
Then, personally, I would not mount the PIAA there. You can still unplug the wires from the stock horn, move and, if needed, extend them to where ever you mount the PIAA. But, if not mounting on the stock bracket, I would get a much louder horn. 112 db is not very impressive, though better than the stock horn. You would need to wire in a relay, and such, but you would be heard much better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts