Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. In an earlier post I had mentioned that I had just returned from a great trip to San Diego. Well, since then, I have also been on Hwy 191, a great ride that starts at the Morenci mine in AZ and ends in Alpine, AZ, with many great twisties and great scenary. I was asked to post photos and I have finally coerced my co-riders to share what they took. Go to my photo photobucket page and click on slide show to see some of the ride. Thanks and enjoy!

Cat.

http://s663.photobucket.com/albums/uu354/catspeaker/San Diego and Hwy 101 in AZ/

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Great Pics......Looks like a great ride. I'm envious!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I'm with you... the Coronado trail is a really great ride. Thanks for the pics; made me homesick. :)
I must say though, it sorta saddens me to go through those mining areas. The slag heaps are just plain UGLY!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, those heaps are ugly, but an amazing thing is that we saw mountain goats in the areas next to the slag that still had trees and undisturbed earth. It is amazing how adaptive animals can be. And riding through the mine always gives me a refreshed outlook on the beauty that we have around us that we just ride through without really seeing. That scarrin of the earth wakes me up.

Cat

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi. In an earlier post I had mentioned that I had just returned from a great trip to San Diego. Well, since then, I have also been on Hwy 191, a great ride that starts at the Morenci mine in AZ and ends in Alpine, AZ, with many great twisties and great scenary. I was asked to post photos and I have finally coerced my co-riders to share what they took. Go to my photo photobucket page and click on slide show to see some of the ride. Thanks and enjoy!

Cat.

http://s663.photobucket.com/albums/uu354/catspeaker/San Diego and Hwy 101 in AZ/
Great pics. Thanks for sharing them.
bearpawh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts