Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to get a handle bar phone mount for my Vulcan 900 for nav/android auto. Do any of you have one that you love or any to avoid? Thanks!

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
Got this for my 9. I had to order two parts off Amazon. It screws in to hold the phone. A little pricy but I figure it's better than replacing a $600 phone. I'll try to look up the item numbers if anyone's interested. 20140316_112357.jpg

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So only 2 people have handle bar mounts for their phones? thanks to the guys that replied if anyone else has input I'd be interested.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
I have an X-Grip Ram mount for my S7. The buttons on the S7 are not in the best place for a lot of phone mounts. I can just get the phone in this one without one arm being on the on/off button and I would never use it without the rubber band tether. Still, it works, and I can still plug in the charger if needed.

https://www.amazon.com/Cradle-Holder-Universal-X-Grip-Cellphone/dp/B0055PH0XA

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have a different setup which I really enjoy. I have a Quad Lock mount and a USB and Voltage reader that is connected to the bikes accessory connector.

What I like about the Quad lock mount , it uses the phone case as the actual cradle so it is super compact.

Quad Lock Link

The USB and voltage reader is really good. It is connected to the accessory connects and also has a switch on it to turn it on and off . That way you arn't annoyed with the voltage constantly changing while you are riding and not needing to charge anything.

USB charger and Voltage reader

Attachments

·
Registered
324 Posts
Any idea how much thicker the quadlock portion of that phone case is compared to the rest of the case? I carry my phone in a holster and wonder if I'll have enough room to accommodate the quadlock case.

I use quad lock and love it, has very good reviews and personal experience it stays on through freeway, bumps you name it. Definitely worth it for me, heres a link if you guys are interested.
https://www.quadlockcase.com/collections/shop-moto
I have a different setup which I really enjoy. I have a Quad Lock mount and a USB and Voltage reader that is connected to the bikes accessory connector.

What I like about the Quad lock mount , it uses the phone case as the actual cradle so it is super compact.

Quad Lock Link

The USB and voltage reader is really good. It is connected to the accessory connects and also has a switch on it to turn it on and off . That way you arn't annoyed with the voltage constantly changing while you are riding and not needing to charge anything.

USB charger and Voltage reader

·
Registered
8 Posts
I use the Ram mount with the X-GRIP on the handlebar. These make it easy to swap the X-GRIP from bike to bike. You only have to get the extra U-bolt to mount to the other bike(s).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Any idea how much thicker the quadlock portion of that phone case is compared to the rest of the case? I carry my phone in a holster and wonder if I'll have enough room to accommodate the quadlock case.
I looked up the Quadlock. The Quadlock case adds about 5 mm to the thickness of the phone for Samsung phones. See the drawing under the "Tech Specs" tab on this page: https://www.quadlockcase.com/collections/shop-ride/products/galaxy-bike-kit-all-devices. That's not bad, unless you have a very tight holster.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Thanks for your help.

it's not that much thicker, i cant say the exact measurements but heres a couple pictures if it helps.
I looked up the Quadlock. The Quadlock case adds about 5 mm to the thickness of the phone for Samsung phones. See the drawing under the "Tech Specs" tab on this page: https://www.quadlockcase.com/collections/shop-ride/products/galaxy-bike-kit-all-devices. That's not bad, unless you have a very tight holster.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I picked up a wizgear magnetic mount since I use their mounts in the car and truck as well. It has the rubber that goes around the corners like so many others. Found it on Amazon for about $10. So far no issues no matter if i have a slim case or my otter box on and way cheaper than the ram mount stuff (not that I'm knocking it, just more $$ than it seems it should be).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Another vote for the Ram X-grip mounts. My wife has a large phone one for her iPhone X and I have the standard one for my iPhone SE and we both have the Torque bases and Pin-Lock security knobs. The Ram mounts are kinda expensive but work as advertised.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts