Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all here is a very different one for you. was watching some guys having fun with the cops about 30 bikes and 1 cop trying to stop them in the US I'm in Australia great for my depression haaaaaa/\ ?
Any way one of the blokes had an app on his phone with his speed on it like a clock face as I'm 67and find it very hard to read my speedo my mobile phone is about the size of a laptop it would help me to slow down (well ok that's what i tell our cops) can anyone help out thanks stay safe.
Dogs

·
Registered
20 Posts
I switch between two. Speedometer and digihud. I like them because they give you a more accurate reading than the factory gauge. Also, because the phone is mounted higher than the stock gauge, you don't have to look down at your gauge to see what your speed is.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your help it will save me telling lies to the police which i don't like to do (bullsh#t) cheeers safe riding and remember ride it like you stole it have a good day

·
Registered
2020 VN900D Classic LT
195 Posts
The tank isn't the best location for a speedometer. It's out of a rider's normal vision.

Because of that I use a speedometer app called SP33DY. It's available on the Apple app store. (If you search for it, use the 3 instead of E). Not sure if it's available for Android.

The app provides a big round analog speedometer as well as a digital display with large numbers. It can be used horizontally or vertically. The face is customizable, color etc.. It's free but comes with ads that pop up. You can disable them but there's a small cost. (The ads don't bother me.. I don't use the app all the time).

·
Registered
14 Posts
A buddy (also a member of the forum) and I just released a speedometer app for the iPhone. RideSpeed. It is free. We designed it with motorcyclists in mind. It is a speedometer, altimeter, and shows current weather. We would appreciate it if members of the forum took it for a ride and gave us some honest feedback.

·
Registered
20 Posts
A buddy (also a member of the forum) and I just released a speedometer app for the iPhone. RideSpeed. It is free. We designed it with motorcyclists in mind. It is a speedometer, altimeter, and shows current weather. We would appreciate it if members of the forum took it for a ride and gave us some honest feedback.
Are you going to release a version for Android? I'd be interested in trying it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts