Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well friends, I bought a phase 7 LED from kuryakyn (truck lite brand) thinking we could somehow make it fit. As it turns out there is really nothing to be done unless we fabricate a bucket with all the tabs on it.

I do have an adjure adapter coming to see if that will fix it. If not, I will continue my search for some kind of LED headlight that WILL work!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Good luck! I am curious to know how you like it after it is done.

·
Registered
450 Posts
they have LED bulbs I havent heard too many good things about them as far as actual useful lighting goes. IDK how that light is but I dont see why you couldnt remove the glass and then slide it through the front of the housing and then splice into the already existing harness.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Figured I should update my post. It seems the adjure adapter ring was the key to getting the LED headlamp to fit correctly, and a little tinkering with the tabs. Wooohoooo!

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to test it out riding due to weather and the fact that we are installing the kuryakyn constellation light bar at the same time, but it's already better than my PIAA halogen just in the garage. All is hooked up but there are so many wires that we have to figure out where to put them out of sight and protected. Or cut them down altogether. I definitely hoped the light bar would be an easier task.

On a side note to the poster who was iffy about LEDs as a headlight... I will say that if this headlight is anything like the auxiliary LEDs I have on my ATV, it will be a night and day difference. The clarity, crispness, and overall brightness of LED light is second to none. And the way the light flows and lays out (for lack of a better term) means a better field of vision in every direction. It's just more consistent. Plus you can't beat the eye catching nature of an LED for safety reasons.

Here's hoping this one doesn't let me down! Will definitely post again when I have had a chance to ride with it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts