Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Truck-lite Phase7. Bought an adapter ring so the light won't fall out. But when mounted it sticks out about 3/8's of an inch. Now on a Harley you can get a trim ring from many places to make it look correct. But I can't find anything for the VN2000/2009. I have read on this forum that many people have done this conversion. But have never seen or found any pictures of it when competed? Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well based on all the help I have gotten with this. Not! I thought I would try and help somebody else. I got the truck-lite to work and look great. Used an adapter from an old thread. Took some fiddling but I think it looks and performs very well. Unbelievable light. A few pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
So I see nobody responded I am a tamping a similar upgrade. Did you buy the Harley adapter ring and modify it to fit? I am trying figure out how to adapt the new light to the existing light bucket..

Thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Adapter ring.

So I see nobody responded I am a tamping a similar upgrade. Did you buy the Harley adapter ring and modify it to fit? I am trying figure out how to adapt the new light to the existing light bucket..

Thanks
As stated in my second post I had used an adapter that I found on this forum in a old thread. It is made for metrics. cost $20.00. Will try and find it for you. Than post back. The adapter removes the left to right adjustment. This was not an issue for me. Also posted is a picture of exterior weather striping which plugged any think that was not tight and I think it turned out great. It is my wife's bike and she loves the amount of light she gets. Especially on rural none lite roads.

Here ya go. Requires a little thought when you have it all apart but it works well. Good luck

http://www.adjureinc.com/t7ad7meadri.html

·
Registered
85 Posts
OK I just ordered that adapter was wondering if everything still adjusted. Hope to put mineverything in this weekend. The Mount on these bikes is very diferent so I was having a hard time seeing how it mounted up. Thanks for the responce.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Again? As stated. The adapter REMOVES left to right adjustment. That is the horizontal for those who don't understand. I hope you are handy. The adapter keeps the light from basically just falling out. It sticks out about a 1/4 of an inch will post more pictures shortly. Not looking very good. Good luck

·
Registered
85 Posts
That's great info. I am pretty handy I was about to make adapters for the existing ones. But I did order this so I can probably make something tout sucks it back if needed. If I do get it I can add pictures.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'll let you know but I would think I can come up with something to pull it in flush like the stock bike. Hopefully I get to it this weekend.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
So I'm not sure how things are on the inside of your bucket or if the light is different but mine popped right in with no issue. Mine is the day maker light looks great in the garage now I just need to get it out on the road. I did have to bend the mounting tabs straight and then bend the tabs over to hold the light but other than that nothing.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I'm not sure how things are on the inside of your bucket or if the light is different but mine popped right in with no issue. Mine is the day maker light looks great in the garage now I just need to get it out on the road. I did have to bend the mounting tabs straight and then bend the tabs over to hold the light but other than that nothing.

Thanks. I don't have and I did not use the Daymaker. I used the phase 7 Truck -lite. Cost of truck -lite was 163.00. And the light bar with LED already on it was around 250.00. The Daymaker is a little shallower so that makes sense. Looks good great job. Hopefully this thread will help others.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I hope so was hard to find info on installing these on our bikes. Still need to go for a night rid to see the difference

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hope so was hard to find info on installing these on our bikes. Still need to go for a night rid to see the difference

Things to check. I used my garage door. To light up and align the headlight and spots. Worked well. Than we went for a ride on a busy street to see if we would get flashed because if they are aimed incorrectly you will blind and piss off people. You will see a lot of headlights flashing if that's the case. lol. I have a Harley with the Daymakers. On my wife's bike VN2000/2009. All she had before was the stock H4 bulb. After install of truk-lite and Corbra light bar. We went testing. We went on a night ride in a rural non light area. She and I were very impressed! Lit up the road and the ditches like it was day time. Important here in Wisconsin. Lots of deer! Like you was a little bummed by the lack of information on this conversion. Mostly because it seemed like a lot of people say they did it. But never had offered info or help on it. It was not that it could not be figured out. Just wanted to know before I started if I would be wasting my time and money. Because the lights are not inexpensive. But from looks, safety and visibility stand point. Well worth the project! Have fun, ride often!:smile2:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks for all your input I do appreciate it. I am on the Wisconsin border so I know what you mean on having extra light.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Your wife is bad ass riding a V2K this is a big bike. I think it is awsome. I am going to add some photos of the inside just for future reference.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Funny story.

Your wife is bad ass riding a V2K this is a big bike. I think it is awsome. I am going to add some photos of the inside just for future reference.

I had her take riding lessons. Thought it would make her a better passenger. After the sessions she asked me. Would you mind if I got my own bike? First 5 years she had a VN800. Than I was going to get her a new 900. While at the dealership. She was not happy with the color or style of the new 900's. She walked past the VN2000 and she was blown away. Plenty of power and looks great as well as reliable. While most people on this site have many reasons to not ride a Harley. Hers is quite simple. The center of gravity on a metric bike is much lower and balanced. Even with the weight of the bike. Tipping point is not the same. Also she is an all gear all the time person. Lastly she does not get carried away with the power. But has opened it up from time to time. ;) Thanks for listening.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts