·
BOTM Winner, July 2016
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
I really like the looks of that black exhaust on your bike. You made a good choice.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
And yesterday I swapped out the stock chrome exhaust for a black one from a 900 custom.
Awesome. Swapping out the exhaust with the black Custom exhaust is what I have been looking to do as well on my 2013. Love, love, love that look. :)

Where did you pick up your OEM sissy bar, luggage rack, etc.? Did they come in black or was that something you did?

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
I agree with Frazzy. The black exhaust really adds to the overall look of the bike. I really like the looks of a blacked out bike. One day I'll black mine out :)

·
BOTM Winner, July 2016
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got it from my dealer. It is the chrome one that you see on Kawasaki's web site.
every thing i bought/installed, except for the exhaust and passenger floor boards, I had powder coated at a place in Fenton MI. He sandblasted then powder coated flat black.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
What did you do to the exhaust? buy them or have them powder coated? Bike looks great!

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
never mind I see you powder coated them!

·
BOTM Winner, July 2016
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What did you do to the exhaust? buy them or have them powder coated? Bike looks great!
nope. its a black exhaust from a 900 custom i bought off of face book for $100

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
ohhhh great deal!!!

·
BOTM Winner, July 2016
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Phase 3 now in progress. Scored a used set of corbin beatle bags for 975. Just have to have them painted to match.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Phase 3 now in progress. Scored a used set of corbin beatle bags for 975. Just have to have them painted to match.
Going to look nice.

·
BOTM Winner, July 2016
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i hope what i have in mind ends up looking good. with my paint scheme the standard corbin 2 tone wouldnt look good, the whole back end would be a solid wall of white. So if i ever got to the point of buying new i was going to get them in flat black and do my own 2 tone pattern. which is why i didnt mind picking up a used set that were a different color.

But my idea is to try and duplicate the the fender/stripe on the bags. same width same taper, so it will look like i have 3 rear fenders... black|white|black(fender)black|white|black. With the white stripe covering the doors.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts