Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my recently purchased 94' Vulcan 750 needs a new petcock. I have looked online and called a Kawasaki dealer nearby and it seems the one set up on my bike isn't the stock one. Mine has three nozzles with hoses leading to the carb. According to the guy I bought it from, one is (or should be) a vacuum line and the other two are gas lines. When looking up a replacement petcock, all the ones I find are single nozzle and are non vacuum. I don't think I can even get a rebuild kit since it seems my bike has a different type of petcock so I wouldn't know which rebuild kit to buy. I need help finding a solution. Unfortunately I haven't learned enough about bikes to know how to switch from a vacuum system to a non vacuum one and what that entails. The guy also could have been wrong and all three could be gas lines so maybe I could just get a fitting for all three lines and run it to the single nozzle of the petcock that it seems is meant for a stock version of my bike.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
213 Posts
The stock configuration for the VN750 petcock is as the guy described. The 2 bigger hoses go to the carbs. 1 hose for each carb. The 3rd smaller hose is a vacuum port.

Assuming everything on your bike is in fact stock, here is the one you need:

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts/a/kaw/500b253af8700223e478e7d4/fuel-tank-2-3-vn750-a15-sim-a18
P/N: 51023 (currently $71.50)

The listings for Ebay aren't looking to good currently.

ALTERNATIVELY:
Look for a petcock for a TW-200 (cost round about $20 new)

This is a NON-vacuum petcock that fits in place of the stock vacuum operated petcock.
To get it to work though, you will also need a "T" fitting to go from the single fuel outlet to the TWO fuel inlets at the carbs.
Also, you will need to block off the vacuum port on the carb with a rubber vacuum cap. you can get these at pretty much any car parts store.

A lot of people over on the VN750.com forum have had good results with this mod.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that helps a lot! I was thinking of something along the line of what you were saying about the tw-200 petcock but wanted to make sure what I needed to do to make it work. Now if I could just find a gas cap for this thing thats less than $100 I should be good to go lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts